Chapter 34- Reuinon

Laurance's POV
I steer the wheel down the straight pathway of water, anxious to finally arrive and for everything to be fixed. Katelyn notices my anticipation and becomes intrigued, slowly limping toward me.

"H-hey." She stutters, her voice dry and crackly from her sobs. I smile and look into her sky blue eyes. I peck her cheek as she leans on my shoulder, looking into the horizon ahead of us.

About 100 blocks away, a chain gate in the middle of nowhere is hanging. What's even supporting it? Why is it even there?

We near the conspicuous object when we crash into thin air, nothing in sight but nowhere to move to. A booming voice fills the air.

"WHO MIGHT YOU BE?" A masculine voice yells. I stop the boat and clear my throat. By now, the deck is lively from the threatening sound.

"I'm a- um- Guard from this-uh- Village called Phoenix Drop?" I say wearily, careful not to provoke the speaker.

"VERY WELL." It booms once again, but in a calm and comforting tone. "BUT THE TRUE TEST IS IF YOU KNOW THE GATEWAY CODE."

I think for a moment as I remember passing it through the notes from Zoey. Was it Yggdrasil... Forest? Zoey elf? OH!

"Yggdrasil Elf." I respond, as the chains a few blocks over fade into the water. I steer the boat around the clear barrier and go through the entrance.

Inside is a magnificent sight of wonderful and exotic wildlife and trees, the water slowly becoming a sea foam green ombré.

I look around to see butterflies of all shapes and sizes fluttering around, birds prancing here and there.

Laina from across the boat has abandoned her sullen attitude and has been replaced with pure joy and excitement. The children as well look in awe at the wonderland known as the Yggdrasil Forest.

We near a small dock that leads into the think bramble of trees, bushes, flowers in an array of colors and lime green grass.

A large dirt road can be seen, yet a smaller gravel road branches out to the side. If I remember correctly, Aphmau said that Zoey said to veer to the left of the docks...

My eyes pan to the left to see a row of more docks to see none other than Katelyn's old ship. It has become slightly rusty and covered with webs and vines but can easily be fixed. It's a start; a good one for that matter.

Katelyn notices my expression change as she looks to see her pride and joy. She smiles, rushing to get off the boat. Laina has already begun to set up the ramp to get off as Katelyn assists her. Out of nowhere, a flash of light hits the wood, levitating it to sit upright onto the ship.

Hailey smiles and Lucinda pats her back. I smile as I can tell Hailey is becoming a skilled little witch.

Travis runs up to Hailey, begging her to teach him. Being shy, she hides behind Lucinda, where she nudges Travis back slightly. Marie laughs from the corner as she knits a small shirt for Travis.

Katelyn and Laina assist Marie and the children off the boat carefully as I order them to line up near another small path branching out from the clearing. I slowly realize we are missing two people- Garroth and Aphmau. My mood changes back to sadness as I feel bad abandoning them to explore the area.

Without explanation, I quietly enter the captains quarter, to see them both in the same state. Garroth is in shock, his eyes wide open but not seeing his surroundings. His forehead is slick from the sweat that has accumulated over the past two days, his food left untouched in the corner.

Aphmau lays inches away from him, her state the same as before. Lucinda, the less emotional of us all, force fed her yesterday while Garroth screams for her to stop could be heard for miles. Lucinda came out with tears that hour, and we all comforted her in the time of need.