Chapter 16- Anarchy

"A-A-A-A-p-p-h-h-h-m-a-a-a-u-u" I tumble over my words. She looks up with a questioned expression and I hand her the letter.

She examines it until I see her face turn pale. I bet she saw it...

She puts her finger and runs it over the indent where he wrote. She stands up and I copy her.

"We need to open this with Laurance and Dante also." she says, in a almost rushed, nervous tone. I nod and we walk at a fast pace all the way to the guard tower. We knock on the door to see Dante and Laurance already at the door.

"We need to discuss this now." Aphmau says slightly stern. They both nod and we sit at the table we goofed around with earlier this week (😉😉😉😉😉😉). I lean my arms on the table, and I am sweating buckets as I do not know what might be inside the card. What if they declare war? Did they fix the arranged marriage thing? I swear if they do anything rash....

Aphmau explained the situation to Dante and Laurance, and they listen in disbelief. I add anything if she forgot and together we cover everything.  Once we finish, we all just sit in silence. I stare across at Aphmau, then to Laurance, then Dante and repeat. 

"We need to open it sooner or later" speaks Laurance after a long time of silence.

"Agreed" Aphmau and I say at the same time. It causes us to blush and slightly giggle, but we get back to business.

"I guess I will open it" says Dante, reaching for the letter as we gather behind him. I start reading immediately.

Dear Aphmau of Phoenix Drop and Guards,

As you may have already seen, Zane has signed this. He is back safely with us now, and is back to his normal, old self. It is nothing to worry about. Since he is here, we have continued our previous plans. It shall remain confidential and we expect nothing questioning it or we could declare war once again. I have decided to make a new deal with you. Since we don't want to loose are trust with you, we are extending the treaty, no questions asked. We will be doing a monthly inspection of your village, just to make sure you are not hiding anything from us. We don't want trouble do we? We won't be a threat, it will be just like that traitor of yours, who is it... Katelyn? We will just dock, investigate, leave, repeat. Nothing more, nothing less. If there is a problem, we will not hesitate to destroy your village, just as we did to Meteli. I hope you understand and do not interfere.

Lord Garte, Zianna and Zane

For Garroth,

wohemos, siht pots ot yaw a dnif lliw i

~A

At this point, I am in shock. Why do they need to inspect us? We aren't even their village!

Once everyone finishes examining it, they question about the last note.

"It is our special code we learned together. Read it backwards. It says 'I will find a way to stop this, somehow, A'. Since she is the only person in our family whose name ends with A, it is her initial. Mine is H for example. O'khassians don't take time to decipher it. We have multiple codes but I hope she does find a way..." I say.

"For all we know he could be coming at anytime. This must have taken a while to be delivered; what if he comes tomorrow or worse today!" says Aphmau, sorta freaking out. I put my arm around her as I can tell she is tense.

I hear Dante murmur something like "I wish Nicole would let me do that" or something. Laurance has grown on it and somewhat like us together now. But that is beside the point.

Once Aphmau settles down, we continue to discuss it when Katelyn and Aaron come through the door. Since everything has happened, Katelyn has become a guard for Aphmau and Aaron is just backup.

"Hey. What are you guys talking about?" says Katelyn. She finds the note in Dante's hand and snatches it. I can tell she has read it all as in O'khasis, we are trained to read at least 500 words per minute, the average in the Tu'la region being 200. And also judging by her expression.

"Why that little..." Katelyn starts.

"Shhhhh. This isn't the time to freak out." speaks Aphmau. "We just... need time to figure out what to do. No matter what, we need to do something to hide the amulet shards. Katelyn, whenever they visit, be sure to stay away. I don't want them looking at you like a traitor or they may declare war. We just need to stay on the ball."

"Agreed" says Laurance. Everyone including myself nods. Now all we have to is wait.

A/N- OKAY!! So I dearly love this fanfic and as you may tell, it took forever for this to be uploaded, with such little word count. So, the next chapter will be a time skip. Not a major one but I feel like I'm loosing the adventure part of the story. I want this to be a little more romantic and less war-like. I'm not saying that I'm going to time skip a ton; just enough to make it more interesting and romantic. :) Hope you understand and THANKS FOR OVER 400 NOW WOW!!! ~Riri <3