Chapter 28- Talking to Malachi

*the whole POV is Aphmau's*

I wake up next to Garroth, his frizzy blonde locks all messed up from tossing and turning in his sleep. Since we both do it, we can manage to sleep together.

I feel my hair as it is spiked out in different directions. I quietly get up to brush it as Garroth doesn't need to work for a couple of hours.

Once I know he is asleep for a while, I walk down and look at the time, judging by the sun, it's 6:30 as it is rising over the water. I decide to put on more appropriate clothing and watch the sun rise on the water.

I walk down in my flowing white sundress to the docks, which are now as dirty as ever from all of the feet marks that haven't been cleaned. I know that some may belong to Zane, but I ignore it and stick my bare feet into the calm current below.

I sit on the deck, staring into the distance, seeing the slight bit of land that we all know and love as Brightport.

After a couple minutes, I noticed the sun peaking out from its slumber. It still mystifies me how the sun creates a spectrum of vibrant colors in the sky. Just one simple component creates multitudes of colors.

It reminds me of my easel in my room that sits in the corner unused. Maybe in the future I will paint masterpieces of the sunrise. It is unlikely as I have my lord duties but maybe in the future....

I hear the pattering of footsteps to my left. I look to see the hill separating the docks from the thin beach on the other side.

"Hurry up Fawn! Look at these water lilies down here... And cattails! And wild daisies... Beautiful." I hear Laina mumble. A exchange of words continues as I cannot hear clearly as a hill separates us. I do know in fact that it is Fawn and Laina, but quickly I ignore it.

I feel cold metal on my shoulder, sending a shiver down my back. I look up to see Garroth placing his armored hand on my shoulder blade. I smile at his smile and slowly continue watching the sun and sky.

He sits crisscross next to me as he is wearing his shoes. I lean my head against his arm as he gently brushes hair out of my face. It feels like heaven.

After about ten minutes or so of non stop cuddling without talking, Garroth motions for us both to get up and get started on the day.

We walk back in silence, his arm around my hip and my head on his shoulder.

He looks at me with a bright smile and I smile back. He kisses my forehead and leaves to do whatever it is he does all day.

"Thank you." I whisper while he is walking out.

"No problem." I hear him mumble from afar. I notice that I am daydreaming and walk inside of the house.

Since it is breakfast time, I go for my normal cereal but decide to change it up with apple cinnamon oatmeal. It's weird since I don't really enjoy it but I find myself liking it.

I wash out the bowl and change in to my appropriate lord attire. I decide that since it is boring just staying in the plaza as always to go to the extended plaza near the treehouse, Kawaii~chan, Donna and Logan and Fawn and Laina's homes.

I walk over to where Kiki's barn is and do my normal feeding. I find myself low on animal food and decide to message Kiki on the communication amulet later for the food recipe.

I brush off my hands on a nearby bush and continue down the cobblestone path, passing wheat fields, trees and bright birds. I find myself at the little gated community and enter promptly.

I notice three pairs of bright hair that I can name right off the bat. Laina's lilac locks, Kawaii~Chan's pink hair and Katelyn's blue waves.

I eavesdrop but in a casual way by pretending to check stuff around.