Chapter 18- Earlier Than Expected

Garroth's POV

I nod at Aphmau's request, and run quickly down the stairs, hiding myself in Zoey's room under her bed. I listen for any subtle sounds coming from above until I hear a door open and some small talk between Aphmau and Zane.

"Hello Zane.... early than expected....." I make out from Aphmau.

"Yes.... Make sure..... doing well..... inspect the area....." I hear Zane mumble from above me.

"Sure..... my house?" Aphmau questions him, and I turn as stiff as possible.

All I hear is talking when I hear footsteps, going in the direction of the stairs that lead directly to where I am hiding. I hide my breathing and remain silent and still.

I hear multiple footsteps- probably four to six people in total, walking all downstairs. I hear Zane question someone about my room, and someone else said that it was merely a guest room filled with extra guard clothes the guards did not need.

I mentally let out a sigh of relief when an O'khasis solider is turning the doorknob. I dare not move as they are trained well enough, as they go through normal guard school then take two years of O'khasis guard school.

I hear him walk around the room, and after a few minutes leaves the room and yells clear out the door. It is a feminine voice, and it seems to be a younger woman as well.

Once she closes the door, I let out another sigh of relief as I hear everyone walk up the stairs and out the door.

After I hear nothing for a while, a pair of legs run down the stairs, and I hear Aphmau whisper a faint "Garroth?"

I come out from under the bed and open the door and she runs and hugs me. I hug back and notice she is crying.

"My queen, why are you crying?" I ask.

"Zane, he said that if I don't have a boyfriend then his parents might make a deal." She sniffs out. "If I date him they won't inspect the village anymore and who knows what they might do if I decline" Aphmau crus on my shoulders.

I cup her face in my hands and kiss her. I wipe the tears off her cheeks and continue. "Don't worry. No matter what, I'll protect you. If it truly bothers you, than just say we are dating. They're destined to find out anyway...." I mumble. She nods as we know what we are supposed to do.

"We should go then. By now they are at the plaza." Aphmau sniffs. I nod and we walk together to the plaza.

We arrive at the plaza, where we are greeted by my brother.

"Zane, can we talk?" I say stern.

"Why young brother, don't talk like that to someone of such great power." Zane smirks. I am tempted to turn into my form, but hesitate and don't. Instead, I direct him to the guard tower, where we all sit at the table, his guards surrounding him in a dome shape.

"This is serious Zane. If you react badly to this, you can't choose what we do." Aphmau says. I nod and Zane seems intrigued.

"Zane" I breathe to stay calm. "Aphmau and I are dating and there is nothing you can do about it." I say, like a burden off of my shoulders. Zane stares at us shocked and we stare him back down.

"You simply cannot" he says. "If you do, O'khasis will find out and it will not be pretty. I will find a way to break you two up. And you can't stop me. I will tell Garte. I will tell our beloved mother, Zinnia. Trust me. It is best if you break up now."

We stare at him now, as I ponder in my mind what to do.

"Would your father and mother approve of me?" Aphmau asks. I start blushing and I have no clue why.

"No. They don't like you actually. I think you are cute but stubborn so not my type.... Unless you want to marry me this can all be over. Everything." Zane smirks as I cut him off.

"She would never do that" I say. Aphmau nods in approval.

Zane rolls his eyes and gets up out of his chair. "Your choice. Come on. We are leaving to deliver the news."

Zane leaves and Aphmau kisses me and leans on my shoulder and whispers "What are we going to do with them?" She sounds scared.

"I dunno my queen.... I dunno...." I whisper, trailing off as we nap for a moment. I watch the O'khasis ship leave at a quick pace and I ignore it. It's already sunset when we get up and head home.

We eat and depart each other, as I kiss her cheek and head downstairs. I am just about to fall asleep when a crack of lightning strikes and thunder vibrates my bed.

I shoot up in shock and slowly go back to sleep. After it repeats about ten times, I hear crying coming from upstairs. Aphmau.

I run up the stairs not skipping a beat and find her in her bed, blankets over her face. I lift them up to reveal a sobbing Aphmau.

"Aph, what's wrong?" I ask. She continues to cry, trying to get the words out. Judging by her expression, I nod and snuggle into bed with her, cradling her body. she slowly stops crying and is about to fall asleep. It is still storming  outside.

I get out of bed to walk down when I hear the slightest whisper. "Garroth. Don't go." She whispers. I whip around and make myself comfy once again.

"I love you Aph" I say, quietly. The thundering has stopped just as I said it.

"I love you too" she whispers, as we fall asleep in each other's arms.

Sorry it was so short.... Also, school is blah so I probs won't be posting this week unless I find free time. I'm super sorry!!! Also, check out my strawpoll- http://strawpoll.me/6821063 and THANKS FOR 700 READS AND 30 LIKES, WOWZA (Phan refrence XD)! And I'm also updating my other MCD book so check it out!
Okee I done. -Riri