Chapter 27- Mended Wounds

Aphmau's POV
It's been exactly 24 hours since we arrived back and I must say, it's awkward yet fulfilling to have Garroth back as my boyfriend again.

I'm just glad he didn't decide to sleep in another house, let alone in the basement. I love it when I wrap into a ball and he cuddles me. It's soothing.

Yet, their is still tension between us. Yes, Aaron is gone rebuilding his old village but the thoughts still linger. Ugh.

I snap out of my daze and daydreaming. "Hey M'lady!" Laurnace yells from up ahead.

"What's up, Laurance?" I say.

"Oh nothing much. What about you? How do Laina and Fawn like Aaron's old home?" He says, jogging up toward me to prevent yelling.

"They enjoy it. More than I expected. Laina has already planted multiple plants and they add a nice pop of color and Fawn said she is mining to make it cobble instead of wood." I say in a mouthful.

"Awesome! Can't wait to see it." He glances while talking behind me. "Hey Kate!"

"What now?" A grumpy Katelyn exclaims from behind me. I see a slouched over Katelyn who looks very sleep deprived.

"It was her first full night shift and she couldn't fall asleep." Laurance whispers. I slightly nod and go help Katelyn up, only to notice her hair in tangles and dark-purple circles under her eyes.

"Aw. Whittle Katelyn needs a Mommy." I say in a baby voice. She ignores me and lays on my shoulder. Laurance grabs her by the hips, then bridal style and carries her in the direction toward the guard station where they stay.

I continue on my way, checking on the animals as they seem a little happier than usual, with Kiki being gone and all. I need to see them... And soon.

I find myself at the plaza where I am greeted by Donna, Logan, Garroth and Kawaii~Chan. As always lately, Kawaii~Chan is handing out an assortment of cupcakes. A purple and blue galaxy frosting one catches my eyes as I inch my way over.

"OH HAI APHMAU~SENPAI!" Kawaii~Chan yells while dropping her plate of cupcakes in the process. Great.

I go over and help and see the chocolate galaxy beauty crushed on the gravel. I pick up a few more cupcakes as luckily only a few were still left.

"Sorry Aphmau~Senpai... Kawaii~Chan was about to come give you some cupcakes but she slipped." Kawaii~Chan says sincerely.

"No problem!" I say, covering well for my actual sadness inside. It's just a cupcake.... Why am I so attached??

I shrug it off as Kawaii~Chan runs off to the cafe and I approach Garroth. I kinda scare him by kissing his cheeks as the little pink tint rises on his cheeks.

"Hey my queen." He says with a smile. I smirk back.

"Sup my King." I wink. "And hey Logan and Donna!"

I look around for Yip as I normally see him in Donna or Logan's arms.

"Where is Yip?" I ask with concern. Donna and Logan just smile.

"I'm over here!" I hear Yip behind the stand. I hear running but a strangely different yet average sound coming from it. What turns the corner of the booth catches my eyes.

A young boy, no older than seven, wraps around. He is tan with black hair and red highlights with bright forest green eyes.

"Y-YI-YIP?!?" I ask.

"Oh. Hehe. Yeah. I got my human for while you were gone!" He says.

"Wait... You're Yip? But I thought you were a werew--" Garroth says as he realizes what he just said. "Oh." He says simply nodding. I hear another pair of footsteps coming behind me and I recognize them.