Chapter 30- Brightport

Garroth's POV
I wake up to a sleeping Aphmau. Good; she hasn't been sleeping again lately.

I quietly get up to stretch at look out of the usual window to my left. I yawn and see Laurance, Katelyn, Dante, Nicole, Azura and the Lord of Brightport on the docks, talking.

I am about to walk down and go through my normal routine when I notice what I just saw. What the...

I rush back over and see two of there ships, fills with some civilians. Laurance and Katelyn are talking to Azura and the Lord, nodding every so often while Nicole and Dante are delivering food and weaponry onto the ship.

My eyes bulge out in fear. Why are they here? What is happening in Brightport? Why are 1/2 of their population on these huge ships?

I turn toward the bed and shake Aphmau awake vigorously. Her eyes twinkle open to see me frightened. She gains conciseness and notices my worried look.

"What's wrong?" Her sleepy voice asks. She sits up as I quickly pick her up and hand her her clothes.

"Look outside." I reply as I rush to put on my own armor. I see her look out of the corner of my eye and see her become tense and change quicker as well.

Once we are situated, we run out to the docks where Nicole and Dante are now boarding  raw materials and metals. Fawn has also come with some stone and gems.

"What's happening?!?" A panicked Aphmau asks the Lord.

"Calm down Aphmau." Katelyn retorts but I can tell they are all worried for some reason.

"It's O'khasis. Since we are in your alliance they came and invaded last night. It was kind of like the time they captured me... but even worse. They killed off many and took some as prisoners but this is everyone that escaped. Some took small boats to neighboring villages but we had to escape. Luckily, they did not burn much but it is still being invaded as we speak." He says in a breath full. "I'm so sorry but we only took people, nothing more, nothing less. Our immediate thought was to escape, which we did but we didn't get far without any wind. So, we docked here around five and they might still be over there... We don't know for sure."

Aphmau nods, processing the information as I feel the need to retrieve my helm I have not worn since Katelyn gifted it to me.

"Whatever we can do should help. I'm so SO sorry about all this... I feel that I am to blame." Aphmau responds after a moment of silence.

He nods, letting a small smile show through. "Thank you. So much. We are indebted to you all here."

"ALL READY!" Nicole yells as Dante puts the last box of necessities onto the ships.

"I really must be leaving. We will contact you once we have temporarily settled somewhere but once O'khasis has cleared out, we plan to settle back in. Thank you all again. Especially you, Lord Aphmau." He walks onto the nearby ship. "Good day, everyone! and thank you for the trouble!"

We all wave as the couple of ships departure toward Scaleswind at a fast speed as the winds have picked up.

Aphmau looks at me as I look back. Her expression shows immediate fear. I hug her and whisper "it will be okay" into her ear.

She nods as we break away and face the others.

"Hey sleeping beauties." Katelyn says. Laurance, Nicole and Dante giggle or snort a little but it is silent after a little bit. "All joking aside, what are we going to do?"

"We could just try to fight them off. Maybe call the other villages again and repeat the process of last time." Dante suggest. We all nod but I can tell that Aphmau, Laurance, Katelyn and I know that it would not be possible. As always, Nicole is trying to support Dante.

"I think we should create a safe hold or escape place." Laurance says. "Then if they do attack, we can move to a safe, secure area.

"Hmm.... That's kind of a good idea." Aphmau then speaks. "We could reinforce the "mini village" by the tree house and use if for its sole purpose. I made that treehouse so if Zane invaded, Malachi and Levin could be safe. We could just add more trees to cover the area and use metal instead of wood for the small gate."

"Not too shabby." I say. She smiles and blushes slightly and I smile back to lighten the mood.

"They only thing is what about going to see Levin, Zoey, Malachi and the others?" Says Nicole. "What if we stay and they invade? That's only two guards. Aaron is making another village. You and Garroth will be chilling and Katelyn and Laurance will be with you too!"

"There is Fawn too..." Dante interrupts, which gets a slap from Nicole.

"Hphm. I don't like her..." Nicole chants under her breath. Dante rolls his eyes and pats her back. "C'mon. I was just thinking out loud."

"Whatever." Laurance chimes in. "I say we still go to see Zoey, Kiki, the kids and everyone."

"I agree." I add.

Katelyn nods but then her expression slightly changes. "But, can I suggest something?"

"Hm?" Aphmau says.

"We said we were also bringing Lucinda and Kawaii~Chan right? Then, is Hailey coming, her like 12 year old or whatever apprentice? And what about the kid Travis and his Mother? I suggest we bring all three just in case there is a 'war' while we are gone. They mustn't be involved." Katelyn says.

"Sure but we need to build a large ship then." Aphmau says. "That's Me, Garroth, Katelyn, Laurance, Lucinda, Hailey, Travis, Marie, Kawaii~Chan and maybe Laina.... That's 10 people..."

"You guys could leave Kawaii~Chan. She does have magicks and can provide food for the village." Dante suggests.

"Sure! I think the rest all have a good reason- Laina wants to see the plants, Lucinda has to take care of Hailey, same with Marie and Travis, and the rest are defense." Aphmau says, clapping with glee.

"Are we kinda just want to get away. We have been crammed here for a while now." Katelyn jokes. Laurance rolls his eyes but plants a little kiss on her cheek, causing her to blush.

"Shut up, lovebirds." Nicole giggles while Dante kisses her cheek. It sends off another blush to Nicole as we all stare and laugh. I decide to test Aphmau and do it too but her blush is barely noticeable under her tan skin.

"WHY ARE WE ALL BLUSHING?!?" Katelyn yells. "I NEVER BLUSH WHEN HE KISSES ME!"

"ME TOO!" Aphmau yells back. "I THOUGHT I STOPPED!"

"Waiiiiiiiii..." Nicole whines. Dante, Laurance and I just roll our eyes and laugh.

"Okay. For real though." Aphmau says in a calm manner. "Let's return to our normal routine but tonight, we will split up- 1/2 reinforcing the little village and 1/2 building the ship. I'll see you guys all later."

"Bye Lord Aphmau." Nicole and Dante say together.

"Goodbye Aph." Katelyn says in a casual manner.

"Bye M'lady." Laurance and I say, as always. She waves and goes back into the house as Laurance and I walk to the gates, guarding as if it is a normal day.

Hey peeps!!!! If you haven't seen episode 81 it was AMAZING for GARMAU but HORRIBLE for Aaron in general. Anyway, just thought I would say that and I cannot wait to see what happens Monday!! Enjoy -Riri