Chapter 32- Burning Blaze

Garroth's POV

"Garroth" I hear in the distance of my current and pleasant dream. I look to Aphmau and she looks as happy as ever, sitting on this dream grass. I am fully aware of my lucid dream, but I do not dare interrupt the breathtaking sequence of black and white.

"Garroth...." I hear once again. I look around, not knowing what is calling and attempt to make it stop.

The dream Aphmau looks at me in a confused and concerning expression, possibly wondering what I am thinking in my head.

Aphmau looks at the sky of clouds above us and looks back at me. "Goodbye, my love." She says, her angelic voice echoing in my mind. But something, somewhere, makes me perplexed.

I did not dream of her leaving. I did not dream of the voice, even though it is progressively growing louder. And I definitely didn't ask for the love of my life to disintegrate into the depths of my mind.

Aphmau slowly yet surely disappears into thin air yet it does not bother me as I am assured it is a dream. My eyes close into black and re-open into a dim lit room with Aphmau shaking me vigorously.

".....Huh?....." I slowly grunt toward Aphmau.

"OH. MY. IRENE! GET DRESSED. NOW. WE NEED TO GO MEET UP WITH LAURANCE, KATELYN AND EVERYONE!" Aphmau yells, throwing me off the bed in a displeasing fashion. 

"What in Irene...." I say as I notice what is happening around me. I look out the window that is a view of the ocean. The time is late, or early depending on how you put it but, it is definitely the middle of the night. When outside the window should be darkness and peace, it is instead filled with roaring orange and crimson flames and bulky ships, slowly increasing in size.

My eyes widen and my posture changes. Aphmau throws me my armor and sword, quickly waiting for me to change. I decide the fastest thing to do is to put it over my pajamas and I do just that. After a moments notice, my eyes adjust to the lighting to see her face.

It is covered in sweat, her eyes drooping from the obvious lack of sleep. Her hair is in a mess but still as beautiful as black tourmaline. He face shows a sense of fear but she keeps herself from going off the edge. She is, however, concerned. But in a somewhat comforting way where is isn't mad or sad, just looking out for those she loves.

I smirk under my helm that Aphmau flung into my head. It feels weird since I have had it off for about a year now... It seems like a cage. Daring me to break it open.

I finish up in one minute since she flung me off the bed as we jog down the hill, careful to stay in the shadows. Aphmau follows me as we approach the dock nearest to the tree house as the other dock is half burnt.

Katelyn, Laina, Lucinda and Marie stand on the docks while I can see the kid, Travis, Hailey and Laurance on the boat. Aphmau immediately goes to talk with Laina who's eyes are puffy from the tears running down her chin. I decide to talk with Lucinda and Katelyn who are scurrying to put supplies onto the ship.

"GARROTH! COME HELP!" Katelyn yells in my direction. I make an internal note that Lucinda is saving her witchery for later so she does not get drained as she is doing manual labor. I nod and quickly join them as we pack up the ship for good.

Laina runs on the boat in tears and joins the children who are huddled in a corner. I hop on behind her and look at where we are located. To think in one week we camouflaged part of the village with trees. It looks like a forest and since the houses and lights are completely covered, it is like a secret garden of homes and fun.

Everyone is on the boat. Laina, check. Marie, Travis, Lucinda and Hailey. Done. Katelyn and Laurance. Yep. Myself and Aphm.....

No.