Chapter 10- Trick or Treaty?

We dock with no one but Katelyn and I knowing what may or may not be lying ahead. A few O'khasis guards come up. They are not royal, so they most likely do not notice who everyone is. Expect Aphmau, Katelyn and I. We hide in the lower deck where we can hear everything, but they do not see us.

While Katelyn eavesdrops, Aphmau shows me the treaty in silence. It reads in a cursive writing...

THE PHOENIX ALLIANCE

I, Lord Garte of the Village O'khasis hereby proclaim peace between our two villages. We may not communicate with the other, but if any rash moves were made by either villages toward the other, a war shall start. We do not mean to share or be respectful to another, but we may end war so no harm goes to either village. I __________ of O'khasis agree to these terms and anything Lord Aphmau of Phoenix Drop or Head Guard Garroth of Phoenix Drop may require. Lord Garte may add anything with it being approved by a Phoenix Drop civilian.

She added me. She added me? Why would she add me to the treaty? Whatever... I hand it back and give her a friendly nod. I hear muffled voices up so we decide to all eavesdrop with Katelyn.

"So, you wish to speak with Garte?" says a voice that we do not know.

"Ha! Like you even have a chance. This will be fun to watch so go ahead" says a different voice.

"Finally. Thanks." says a faint Laurance. We listen to the footsteps, walking away until we cannot hear them. We go up to the top of the ship and head out. Katelyn and I direct everyone around the town, as it is so busy this time of day. We keep our heads low, as we get shoves and curses in our face for knocking into everyone. We reach the strip that my old house is on. It is the biggest in the whole village, and it makes me feel bad for the least fortunate within the village.

We walk up to the door, stiffen our backs to where the royal guard are standing outside the house. They see my face and Aphmau and immediately panic.

"STOP!" says Aphmau, kind of stern. "We come to make peace. If you make one move, we will fight back."

"Y-Y-Y-y-yes-s-s M-M-m-a-A-MM!!" says a nervous guard. He walks inside shaking, and he comes out with my father and mother.

"Please enter, but drop your weapons. We will be holding ours in case you do anything rash" says Garte.

"That isn't fair, father" I speak up. My mother's eyes widen, as she has probably never heard my voice in a few years.

"We will allow you if you let Zane go." he says.

"We already did actually" says Aaron.

"Yep. He is on his way far away from here" says Laurance.

"Come and we will discuss. GUARDS! INSIDE!" my father yells, leading us up the stairs into the house.

I enter, smelling that wonderful old scent, but it is covered by a musky smoke scent, that does not go well with my nose. We sit at the conference table in the basement, and it seats all of us. I was never allowed to sit down here when I was younger, but I suddenly get a horrible feeling about this.

"We have come to attempt and make peace to this war." says Aphmau, very officially. "Here is a treaty we call the Phoenix Alliance. If you decline, we have war once again, if you agree, we do not need to talk, just give each village our distance."

"What is the catch?" my father says, reading over the sheet of paper.

"Nothing, just an end to the war. Everything may return to normal. Judging by your beautiful village, if you ever take over this region, we by no means want to side. This is simply just and end, you may kick us out if you choose to afterward." Aphmau says.