The Royal Thrive - Chapter 9 - I believe people call it...Telekinesis.

A month has passed, the training has been the death of me. Now since we're all a bit more tough we're able to endure the harder training, did I tell you that Noah is in my group? He's almost been the anti-social person all the way through the past month, we were often paired up and it seems like Noah didn't like interacting and requested to be alone despite my efforts. To be honest despite the king's request I'm physically and mentally exhausted to even think about getting close to Noah in fact Nathan's been at my way when I go to the west wing accusing me checking him out, can anyone get more arrogant than that? 

"Today we will progress into the training grounds of the forest" Helen's voice bellows as she leads us down a dirty path as everyone followed her lead; soon we came across a huge field of land surrounded by wired fences, "What are we doing then?" Someone near the back asks as Helen unlocks the lock that keeps the doors and the area closed. "They like to call this - a practice death match" A few grunts were heard, suppose a few already had a flavour of this training and pushing the door open Helen looks around "As a werewolf, it is basic to understand and recognise danger even if you can't shift. In human form we are still better than what normally human's have so this training isn't impossible for those who can't shift at all" Not liking what's she saying I took a step back and frowned - why haven't I been told this? "In this area, it is filled with traps, don't worry nothing can fatally kill you yet you may receive a few injuries. Your challenge today is to find the 'rouge' it's not real it's a specialised robot, don't think it's easy because it isn't - the characteristics of this wolf is not known it may appear in human form it might be in wolf form. I give you an hour - those who fail to take a proof of defeat when they finish challenging it. Those who fail to do so will have to run around the entire forrest twenty times. Now prepare" Helen orders and starts to go to the desk she created before taking us here.

"Is she fucking crazy? We've only been training for a month!" Julie exclaims in a whisper, as she complains I look around for Zain, he must've been through this before I could get some tips from him not point wasting time complaining when you can't change it. Leaving Julie's side I look around my group that is now all scattered around individually. Catching a bit of Zain's hair as he spoke to one of his male friends I make my way over to him "Zain!" With my hand up he waves back and walks towards me "Hey babe" Ew. Pulling a face I gave him a glare "You know I hate it when people say 'babe'" Acting offended I cross my arms and Zain just laughs it off "No seriously what's wrong? You want to tag onto me?" Winking at me I could only roll my eyes "I came because I wanted to get some pointers from you" Giving him a smile I tugged onto his sleeve like a child begging for a lollipop causing Zain to laugh "Seriously… you just acted all offended and now you're begging me for some pointers. How does that brain of yours work?" Pointing at my forehead his fingertip nudges my head backwards a bit "There isn't much I can tell you because every time I've done this it's different. As someone who's doing this for the first time it's going to be even harder" "These are not words I wanted to hear" Sighing in defeat I know for sure this is going to be a tough day. "Ok! Everyone spread out!!!!" Helen yells "Catch you later" I call to Zain and he winks back with one of those half hearted waves as we all spread out waiting for Helen's instruction, "Good luck!" Helen yells and lifts her left arm up to tell us to go. 

Everyone runs into their own direction, but mostly into the forest of trees, because come on obviously we're going to see a rouge waking casually under the broad daylight. We wernt allowed to have any help - well apparently not if the other party is desperate for help which probably implies if we're not in danger. With traps that could be hidden I kept alert at all times, practically suspicious at every sound there is I sniff the air and smelling a unfamiliar scent I growled as a pair of eyes stare at me - my luck brought me to the thing I'm looking for, I don't know should I be happy or should I just cry now. "It's just a robot Raine… It's just a robot" I repeated as the wolf charges towards me making me having to jump and roll onto the ground on the left side. "For a robot you move pretty -SHIT" Yelling the wolf charges towards me again - against a wolf I'm at a disadvantage the only thing I can do is… to lead it towards something like trap. Yet where would I find them? "Think Raine, think!" I scolded myself eerily sounding like my mother as I dodged another attack from the robot wolf and just as I was spinning back around the wolf leaps up into the air with it's mouth wide open whilst I'm kneeling on the ground I couldn't help but look at the tree behind me and looking back in this moment between life and death I ran under the wolf that is leaping down on me - doing a cartwheel kick I manage to fly it into the tree trunk creating a crack. The wolf whines as I stand up properly "Wow what is this robot made out of?" Picking itself back up it growls judging by it's tone it's angry now, great. Why am I always getting things so troublesome to deal with? Screw that, it's no time to be complaining… that wolf isn't programmed to kill us fatally, well that's what Helen said so I hope that's true so if that's a valid point it won't go after my vital points. Extending it's claws I could already tell I won't be able to get out of this situation without a few deep scratches. Suddenly running into the other pathway the wolf runs away "Huh? WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?!" Running after it automatically the situation seems off, why am I chasing the wolf that is trying to attack me? Shouldn't I be running the other way? Never mind, I need to beat this wolf and get whatever the proof it provides anyway. Chasing after it's figure and the noises of the bushes I follow it's path whilst pushing random tree branches out of the way yet suddenly the wolf stops and turns to me. "Why are you-" Before I could start arrows start to at me at my front and back - is this what they mean traps? Who uses these ancient ideas these days!? 

With no where to go, I look around - the ones behind me were shot first so if I could!- Doing a back flip building strength in my legs so I can jump higher and flipping in the air and over the arrows behind me, "One" I count as the first shot of arrows landed deep into the floor, now it's the second ones that is flying in front of me that just skimmed a bit of my hair. Landing I take a deep breath "Phew" Patting my chest my ears then twitched at the sound of another set of arrows being shot towards both my left and right - it's forcing me to go to the other spot where the other set of arrows will be shot. Great. I'm sick and tired being chased by arrows looks like I'm going to have to use it.

Stretching both my hands out I glare at the wolf ahead of me - no I shouldn't use it… just in case. Gritting my teeth I bend backwards almost like a ballerina doing a impossible back arch. Doing so allowed the arrows to take longer to touch my body as they will be shooting down and as they shoot down I could extended my arm to grab them before they hit my body. Thanks for my quick werewolf reflexes I was able to grab onto the most of the arrows yet one struck through my left side making me wince in pain - standing properly again snapping the arrows by it's head I intend to use it as an offensive weapon. Walking back to see the view more broadly I could make out there is at least two more of those arrows ready to be shot - the wolf hasn't been moving at all but observed me all the way through. Should I go for it or try and avoid these arrows again - Forget it, this wolf is a computer it could activate more things that I haven't noticed yet I can't take this chance. Running towards it the remaining arrows were fired towards me to guard the wolf. "Hmph" I scoffed as I suddenly stopped and ran backwards leaving the arrows being shot at nothing but the ground. The wolf looks at the arrows and looks back at me "Are you done yet?" I panted - all my brain juice is gone now too much thinking. Suddenly hearing something like a gun loading like a shot gun a trail of bullets starts to aim at my back, diving behind a large tree I winced in pain, my side has stopped bleeding yet it still hurts, the bullets that were shot a hard wooden bullets. They could or in fact will give a bad bruise… That damn robot wolf is controlling all of these. I need to beat it otherwise I'll be stuck here… 

I have a plan. 

Running out and jumping to the other side a load of bullets were aimed at me in fact I am now exhausted - it's been more than half an hour since this started… I have half an hour left. Not good news. "Hey! How is this fair play when you're using traps? AREN'T YOU MEAN TO BE A ROGUE? SINCE WHEN DID ROGUE'S SET UP TRAPS LIKE THIS BEFORE HAND?!" I yelled revealing my location the bullets start firing at my location as I ran into the bushes yet bad luck got to me when a bullet hits the area where the arrow just shot through making me stumble and falling onto the ground in front of the wolf. Tiredness slowly gets to me… my face is all sweaty and I feel horrible.

 "I-I give up" I stuttered hopelessly as I slowly close my eyes and as I did I could see the wolf transform into a human form.

"So you finally give up, you given a good fight" The girl wolf nods - so it was a female. "Helen" The girl calls through something that seems like a transceiver as she presses onto her forehead. "Trainee Raine has-" "NOT FAILED" Yelling I caught her attention as her eyes widen as I give a flying kick in her robot face as it cracks on her cheek - yet she didn't fly backwards because she couldn't, I was using it. With her in the same position I gathered all the remaining strength I have left and threw the biggest punch as her robotic eyes rolled back revealing the thing I suspected. 

Panting the robot lays still and dead as something in palm forms, a square shaped badge - the logo of my pack. "So this is the proof of defeat?" I questioned as I look over the robot not believing how highly developed it is - I nearly forgotten I'm still in the 21st century. Taking a closer look at her eyes I could see wires connecting to a small camera which acted as her pupils. She was basically recording everything I was doing to Helen, thank god I didn't use what I did on her before when the arrows were fired at me. Otherwise they'll be questioning me. 

You must be wondering what is this thing I'm talking about - let me explain, before when I kicked her in the laws of logic she should be flying towards something yet she didn't move. That's because I purposely stopped her from moving so I could stop a gap forming between me and her and let her take the chance to shift again or stop talking to Helen. How did I do it? Umm.. how should I explain this. You can say I have an psychic ability - controlled by my iris. 

I believe people call it…

Telekinesis.

Before you leave please leave a vote and comment below ^^