The Royal Thrive - Chapter 5 - A Mother's Rant

"Mum! Dad hasn't even yelled at me! Cant you just let it go?" I groaned as my mum couldn't stop but talk about what a mess I've made tonight - I might have nearly jeopardised my pack's future but isn't it an honour to train the future king? "I don't know should I laugh or cry that I have such a daring daughter" Shaking her head I could only listen in silence and retorting what my mother would call as 'back chats' If I say anything now she will go crazy. "Raine, seriously when Prince Nathan comes to our pack house do NOT, I seriously mean do not do anything stupid" "What do you mean stupid?" My face scrunched up in a confused expression and also a offended one "Slapping the Prince in the public eye. People will only say you were brought up by rogue's not a prestigious pack like ours for that brash behaviour of yours" At her comment I could only roll my eyes, she's been at this for about the whole half hour the meeting between the packs had started "Raine, are you listening to me?" My mum asks and I could only nod like a dead fish - clearly tired of hearing her rant. Then again I'm not saying I wasn't wrong back then when I slapped that jerk of a prince, sure. 

Carrying on ranting some ladies from other packs came to my mother which was my perfect chance to use to escape from her boring and dry complaint - I knew when women became mothers they're going to be talking and complaining a lot but my mum just takes it to the next level yet again she is overly worried about me and my reputation. I suppose she wants to 'polish' me up for my mate - what's the big deal anyway? They get what's served on their plate - but I heard people say rejection from a mate can kill you. God help me not to find my mate or my mate not finding me - or like my mother said 'Once you find him he will help you settle down' 

Walking over to Naomi and her mate who I still don't know the name of yet she sees me over his shoulder and charges towards me, grabbing me by my shoulder "Girl! I didn't know you have that much guts!" Referring to that accident I could only laugh "No seriously, neither did I but that jerk's words sort of covered up my rational thoughts" Laughing with me Naomi hugs me tightly "I was so scared that the king was going to like punish you to death or something - I'll be guilty for the rest of my life" Pulling away I could only give her a reassuring smile "I'm perfectly fine and in one piece aren't I?" Flashing a thumbs up to her she nods whilst I had a question for her "This is random but, what's the deal with Anna and the jerk? I know I shouldn't be too nosey but since I'm in your 'crew' I might as well know before I walk into crap blindfolded" Sighing after my question Naomi held hands with her mate who is looking at her affectionately and rubbing her back. 

"Long story… I think it's better if we speak about it another time" Feeling her being uncomfortable I didn't asked any further only to let my mind tracing to the thoughts of Jayden finding out what I've done. Jayden is my best friend and also like a brother to me - if he finds out the jerk is living in our pack house… it's not going to be a pretty sight. "Anyways, so that jerk is going to be living at your pack house. Quality time" Naomi smirks whilst at the same time excitement and depression hits me "Don't mention it, I don't know wether or not it's a good or bad thing" "He's a tough one to take in" Naomi agrees and the remaining time together we spent it chatting and laughing together. 

The royal ball ends, all the guests all slowly disappear but then again leaving the palace wasn't easy since security checks were needed again. It wasn't like our pack was allowed to leave any way, the king and queen had somethings to pass onto the Alpha and my father. Sitting in the limousine my mother is still ranting about my acts tonight - rolling my eyes I only stared out the window to see Anna walking over to me. Making eye contact I knew she's looking for me so stepping out the limousine I walked towards her. "Hey, sorry about before" I took the opportunity to apologise first since I haven't seen her since she was also dragged into that meeting but hearing my words she quickly shook her hands "N-no! I'm not here to want you to apologise" Leaning backwards slightly I looked around for no reason "Then? Is something wrong?" I asked and she only smiled weakly avoiding eye contact with me. 

"N-Nathan… isn't a bad guy" 

"What are you smoking? Did you not- sorry" I quickly snapped my mouth shut when I realised I'm talking too much and Nathan is her mate after all. 

Moreover I don't have the right to judge him well not at least when it comes to her and him together since I only known them for what? Less than two hours? "The king wants Nathan to go to your pack for eight months, he also wants me to go for the last two months of his 'training'" Nodding I listened to her, knowing I'll have to listen any way "I know you two have started on the wrong ends, but since you're the only person I know in your pack and Naomi says you're friendly would you promise you'll look after Nathan?" Looking up at me with her icy eyes, she begs me both verbally and mentally - you can clearly see the hurt she is feeling along with her wolf, I suppose the inability to look after your mate whilst he's away and asking another female to help hurts it's pride and heart and it is for this very point I respect Anna. "Raine?" She asks me urging for an answer so smiling in return I patted her shoulder "I understand that it hurts Anna, leave it to me - when you come and join us in six months your mate will no longer have that shitty personality. I'm not even going to ask what's happened between you two because it's up to you two to sort it out" Anna let's out a relieved sigh and bites her lips in nervousness "What happened between us… I would tell you but that'll complicate things but-" Stopping her right there I showed her my right palm telling her to stop explaining herself to me - and it's not a big deal. "It's all cool. I'll see you in six months - we'll keep in contact" Hugging her I quickly walked back and jumped into the limousine. 

"What did you talk about?" Zain asks as he shuffles the cards in his palms "So I was winning before! Let's resume to the game!" Ignoring his question he could only give me a glare but then got back into our game. 

After a while we finally got going back home, during the way my dad only gave me a compliment in how I have helped the pack to gain a better reputation by given the honour to 'train' the prince. Apparently the reward at the end of this is BIG. Probably some more territory, money, lands - whatever you name it, but as excepted my mum could only see the bad side I swear this woman worries too much for her own good. I remember when I was at private school and was getting my exam results - you see normally it's the person who did the exam should be the one who couldn't sleep, but no, not in my case. I slept all the way through the night whereas my mum was sitting by the telephone all night waiting for 6am to ring my school and ask for my results. 

"RAINE!!!" Jayden ran towards me like a lion charging towards a prey, "JAYDEN!!!" I pretended and just as he leaped into the air I quickly shoved myself to the side making him almost trip as he landed. "You're meant to stay there?" He points as he gives me a glare pouting childishly "In these heels AND have someone with the weight of a building jumping on me? I don't think so" I shook my head whilst smirking "Are you calling me fat?" Gasping like a teenage girl he pretends to faint "Ew, Jayden please" I cringed only to cause him to laugh as he quickly wraps his arm around my shoulder "So how was it?" Wriggling his eyebrows I could only deliver him the truth - "It was good, pretty grand not my taste at all" "And…?" Urging me to talk and expand we both head inside the house as the others all head back into the pack house feeling exhausted. Yes, even my mum. 

"I met with the girl I crashed dad's car with last year, remember? Naomi?" Tapping his temple he thinks and searches, snapping his fingers Jayden gives me a nod "I met this other girl called Anna, she happened to be the prince's mate, then ughhh…. How do I explain this" I laughed to myself "What?" Jayden eyes me suspiciously "Basically I slapped the prince in front of the public eye" 

Now I'm just waiting for his reaction he's going to freak…

I can see his expression turning to shock… here it comes! 

"W-WHAT?!"

Told you. 

Before you leave please vote and comment below ^^