CHAPTER(8)

Daonte's Pov
I Woke up and my Head was Banging. I could barely Raise up. I fluttered my Eyes open and Realized I was Still at Sammy's. I looked over and Realized Kenz Was next to me. I smiled and Got up from the Couch, making my way to the Kitchen for something to Cure my Hangover. Since I was hungry, I decided to Run to McDonalds, and Grab us all Some Food.

Since the drive through was so long, I decided to Go inside. The Cashier took my order, and I chilled by the counter. Waiting. Since my phone was hardly Charged, due to i forgot to charge it last night, I left it in my car. So I just laid back on the wall. As I started thinking, I herd a familiar song start playing on the McDonalds Radio. I realized It was Tupac's "Keep ya Head Up". This use to Be Mines, Sammy, Lucas, & August's Favorite song. Something like our theme song. Everytime we were together, we would rap and sing it. I havent herd the song in over 5 years. I nodded my head to the music, and rapped some of the lyrics. I didnt realize how loud I was until the song ended and Everyone around me clapped. I thanked them and hurried up and Grabbed the food. To be honest, i was a little embarrassed. As I made way out, I was stopped. By a man who was Kind of older. I couldve sworn he was Dj Khaled.
"Can I help you?"

"No. But I can Help you. Im looking for some young Men to Be on my Label. I herd you rapping over there and I knew you were the one. The lyrics Flowed from you, naturally. God sent us here at the same time for a reason."

Yeah that's him

"Thanks but Im not a rapper. My Boys are. I just make beats"

"Who are your Boys?"

"Sammy, August, & Lucas"

"Are they any good?"

"The Best"

He reached in his Coat Pocket and Handed me a Card with His Name, studio Address, & Number On it.

"Meet me at this Address Monday around 6-ish?" he said, pointing to the card. I nodded my head and shook hands with him.

"Yes Sir"

He smiled and we went our separate ways.

I walked into Sammy's House and Herd a lot of Commotion. Laughing, and People talking loud.
Its 10 in the morning.
I walked further inside and Everyone was in tears, But with Smiles on Their faces. A smiled Widened across my face when I herd a Familiar New Orleans Accent. I walked into the dinning room and Their sat, August. I put the food down and Raced to him. Hugging him tight.
"Welcome home Fu"

"Thank ya. Its gud ta Be back In this Hea Mothafucka" he said Smiling Hard.

"Yall I bought some food for us." I started passing out Sandwiches until I realized Kenz was No where to be found.

"Wheres Kenz?"

"She went home. She has work tonight."

"Haha Work" Lucas said, Laughing.

"Man Fuck you. Why you always gotta Give her shit for being stripper?

"Wayment. You fuckin a Strippa?" August said, Lighting his blunt.

"Her Name is Kenz." I said, Rolling my eyes

"Ha Name Is Probably Got Aids" Lucas said, Laughing with August. Sammy had to walk out from laughing so hard.

"Man Fuck yall". This shit was getting old and Played the fuck out.

"Man we just fucking with you. Anyways. King Got some Bricks for us to move."

"Im tired of this shit."

"What. Now you want out the game?"

"Never wanted in"

"I feel ya. Im not trynna go back ta Jail. I wanna do sum legal shit. Ya Know?"August said, a little irritated.

"How about sing?"

"Huh?"

I passed them The card DJ Khaled Gave me. They Checked it out and Was shock.

"He wanna Work with Us?"

"Only if yall good. He want us to Come to the Studio Monday around 6."

They all looked at the card Geeked. Lucas took a Glance and Continued eating, like he didnt care.

"Yall Niggas Turnin Into Pussys. Im trynna Get this Fast money. Fuck that Rapping shit. What do we have to lose?" Lucus said. The door rung so he got up and went to the door. He opened it and it was JJ.

"Wussup J?" he said Kissing her On the Lips.

She looked at him and whispered something. He nodded and they made way to the back. I wonder what she was going to tell him. We all continued eating and talking until Lucas came back. He walked JJ out and walked back over to us.
"One last Drop. Den we Out"

"What she say."

"Im gonna Be a Fatha."

"Congrats bro" August said. Dapping him.

August was Already Dad so This shit was Exciting to See his Little brother become one. He was a father of 3 Little Girls. Whats one more kid?

Hood days
Despise our Harsh Lives that we live. Everyone would always push that To the side and come together, For the Family Reunion. It was Crazy out here. The whole hood and more got together. Uncles, Was on the Grill, Fucking shit up. Dads was playing Dominos, and Cards. Moms Was Cooking up a storm in the Kitchen. Aunties was Getting they Latest Gossip. Babies Momas were Aruging. Kids were Playing with Toys. Teens were Either Dancing, helping in the kitchen, Gambling, Rapping, or Doing some shit they not suppose to be doing. Me, Lucas, and Sammy always were doing some shit we were not suppose to be doing. Now this was before we could smoke. But we still did the shit anyways. We were Upstairs in my Auntie Shirley house(the Host) in the Bathroom. She threw the Reunion here because she had the biggest house in the hood. We were Currently getting fucked up. We had the window open and was spraying everytime someone took a hit. We herd a knock at the door and quickly hid it. I took a look out and realized it was Grandma(the hoods Grandma). Everyone called her that because thats how she acts towards us. Sometimes when Im at school and my moms out somewhere, she watches my little sister. She was real cool. I moved out the way and she came in. Sammy went to Put the blunt out but she stopped him.

"Young blood, ive been smoking longer than all you little niggas. You aint gotta put it out. Pass that shit over here"
We all started laughing because Sammy looked so confused.
"If you say so. Dont choke"
She looked at him and took a big Inhale. After a while she Exhaled. "Man. Aint nobody choking on that Weak ass Reggie"
We all bursted out laughing. This was gonna be on interesting reunion.