44. Of course they will

// Ross POV //

I stirred in my sleep and felt Cleo reach over me. I smiled before falling back asleep. Before I knew it, I had woken up again. I stretched out and rubbed my eyes which focused on a figure sat upright on the bed. I propped myself up on my elbows before looking at her properly. She was clutching her phone, with silent tears falling down her freckled cheeks. She shook uncontrollably, and she seemed to be paralysed by fear.

"Cleo? Cleo?!" I asked urgently.

I climbed over to her when she didn't respond and wrapped my muscular arms around her cold shoulders. Her head slowly dropped into my chest as she hiccupped through the tears.

"Ssh, it's all right C. I'm here," I told her. I looked at the blank white wall, wondering what could have caused this panic attack.

We stayed in this position for what felt like ages until I noticed that her breathing was steady and that her eyes were shut. It was difficult not to make any noise as she looked so completely adorable. I carefully manoeuvred her onto a mound of pillows and pulled a blanket over her body.

"Room service!" A familiar voice called out before opening the door.

"Ssh man. She's still sleeping."

Riker came and sat down next to me on the bed.

"She had another panic attack," I told him, rubbing my forehead with my hand.

"What, seriously? That's just too bad. Do you know why?"

"No, but she was holding her phone at the time."

I grabbed it from the unit and typed in a passcode. 2912. My birthday. I smirked when it worked but it soon faded when I read what was on the screen.

"Hey Rik, read this."

I handed him the phone. He read the words intently before a look of shock came over his face.

"Woah dude, this is a threat."

"I know. I just don't get why it says 'another encounter'. It's like they've threatened Cleo before."

"Wait, what about that girl in the UK. When you two weren't actually dating."

"Oh yeah. She had a knife man. A knife," I said worriedly, thinking horrible thoughts about what could happen.

"Ross chill. We'll warn the rest of the team at sound check, especially the security. We can describe the girl who we saw before. Then we just have to make sure Cleo isn't left alone. She'll be alright," I replied, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Anyway, I came to ask if you were coming down to breakfast or not?"

"Um, might just order some room service. Do you mind?"

"No, not at all. We'll meet you two in the lobby at 10. We're gonna explore the city."

"Alright bro."

He left the room so I grabbed the phone and and ordered two lots of pancakes and some orange juice. Deciding that I should wake Cleo up before th food came, I leaned over to her and gently shook her sleeping form.

"Cleo," I whispered.

She made a weird little noise before rolling over. Man, I loved this girl. I shook her again before she sat up, propping herself up on her elbows. She yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"How're feeling?" I asked.

"Ok-ish. Please tell me that it was a horribly dream. A nightmare," she said, looking up at me hopefully. As much as I didn't want to, I knew I had to tell her the truth. I nodded.

"Ugh, why? Why can't this person leave me, us alone?"

"I don't know C. But we are gonna tell everyone else about this so that you're safe. Do you think it could be the girl from before. The on in Britain."

"Possibly-"

She was interrupted by a harsh knock on the door.

"That'll be room service."

I got up to go to the door, not caring that I wasn't wearing a shirt. I undid the chain before pulling the door open. The girl started to say room service before she abruptly stopped.

"No way," she breathed out. "I didn't know that you guys were staying here. I'm a massive fan. Like massive."

She started to push the trolley with our food on into the room. I glanced worriedly at Cleo but it was too late. She stopped what she was doing when she saw her.

"A-and you must-must be C-Cleo."

"Last time I checked," my girlfriend said boldly to this crazed fan.

"Wow so you guys were in the same room and slept in like, the same bed and stuff. You must be more serious than any of us thought."

"Excuse me, but it is kind of private," I piped up. I knew that I might sound disrespectful, but I didn't want prying fans.

"Well, yes of course. Can I maybe just grab a selfie?" She asked excitedly.

"Of course," I replied.

She took one with me, one with Cleo and a joint one.

"Thank you so much," she said before leaving the room.

"I wonder what she meant by us being more serious tan they thought? Do you think the R5-Family will accept me?" Cleo asked me as we ate our breakfast.

I put my hand over hers. "Of course they will."