12. Sweet Little Things

// Ross POV /

We were all waiting for 5 minutes before Cleo's set ended for her to come back because we were all so anxious.

"Well, she didn't come back so she must be fine," Rydel said whilst chewing on a perfectly manicured nail.

"Yeah, I mean, what could of gone wrong?" Savannah said whilst tapping her feet.

"She might of-"

I cut Rydel of short by saying, "girls, stop worrying - I'm sure she's fine." Even though I said this, I was still worried about her.

The door opened and we all jumped up.

"How did it go?"

"Are you alright?"

"Did you have fun?"

"No, did you have YOUR fun? Ha, get it. Do you have YOUR fun. Yeah well um ok," Rocky said, suddenly realising how stupid his own joke was.

"I'm fine. Honestly, I'm fine. Stop asking, I'm fine," Cleo said.

Rydel and Savannah went over to her and started jumping up and down. As I was watching them, I suddenly felt something break inside of me. I don't know what it was but it made me feel kinda sad and lonely. I got up of the couch and left.

// Cleo POV //

I was so happy that I had done it. This was a really really big accomplishment. I was celebrating with Rydel and Savannah when I saw Ross suddenly leave. I stopped my partying and went to follow Ross.

"Hey, where're you going," Savannah asked.

"I just have to do something," I replied. Grabbing my hoody and chucking it on, I left the room. I looked left and right and then forward to see Ross turn a corner ahead.

"Ross," I called. "Ross." I started to run and then I turned the corner. I saw his shadow go down the stairs and through the doors. Following the same route, I got outside to see tons of fans. The cheering started but soon died down as I ducked behind a lorry and continued to follow him. He was heading for the bus.

He climbed aboard with me close behind. I decided to stay silent as he went to the back and sat on the couch there. He put his head in his hands and let out a small yell. A sudden sound made me jump - my ringtone. Rushing to switch it to silent, Ross heard me and stood up.

"Who's there?" He asked cautiously.

For some stupid reason, I decide to stay quiet.

"I said, who's there?!" He asked again, this time louder.

I heard his footsteps come round the side of the door where I was hiding.

"What the- Cleo, is that you?"

"Busted," I said with a sigh.

"We're you spying on me?"

"Well I saw you come here and I thought I'd better see if you were ok," I said, leaning against the doorframe. "What's wrong then?"

"Huh?"

"You rushed out of the dressing room and in here, and then you put your head in your hands and then you screamed. Something's wrong," I replied.

"Well, you know when you want something so bad but you know you can't have it. Or it's a two way thing and the other person might not want it."

I nodded. "A bit like a relationship?"

"Yeah."

"Well, it's understandable. What with always being around Delly and Ellington, and Riker and Savannah."

"No it's not that. It's just- oh I don't know."

We both stood in silence for a while. I broke the tension by saying,"I want a relationship too."

He looked at me, almost with a little hope in his face. "You do?" He asked.

"Yeah well like not with you but like, no offence obviously. I mean you're actually kinda nice but-" I stuttered, suddenly really shy.

"Yeah whatever."

After I had taken a few deep breaths, I continued. "I just want someone who holds my hand and kisses me not just because they've been dared to but just because they feel like it. Someone who compliments me even when I look horrible and who gives me their shirt when I'm cold and who does sweet little things when I'm sad or anxio-" I put my hand to my mouth in horror. "Oh my god. I just described you."