41. Let's go rock this stage!

// Cleo POV //

Tonight I was going to go back to performing. I had put on my outfit and I grabbed my guitar. I made my way out of mine and Ross' hotel room down to the dressing room. As I pushed through the double doors, I heard Rydel yell.

"Gimme back my curlers!"

"Nuh uh," Rocky replied, running to the other side of the room with them.

"Don't worry Rydel, I'll get them back," Ratliff said in a stupid, heroic voice.

He raced after Rocky and managed to tackle him onto the couch. He grabbed the curlers and waved them in the air triumphantly. Rydel took them off him before taking them to the table where she was getting ready and plugging them in.

"Why thank you, my handsome prince."

I stood by the door, trying not to laugh. It wasn't long before Ryland's set was over and the band were on. I sat in the corner with Savannah whilst they put their hands on top of each other's.

"Aaaahhhhhhh, READY SET ROCK!" They all yelled before taking the stage.

I grabbed my guitar and started playing a couple of chords. I hummed a random tune to the music.

"Hey that's good," Savannah said.

"Neh it was nothing."

"No seriously. Put some words to that and it could be a really good song."

I grabbed a pad and scribbled down the chords. I messed around a little more before creating a proper melody. I ripped the sheet of paper out and stuffed it in my pocket. I'd look at it again later.

Savannah, Ryland and I headed to the side of the stage to watch their performance. Once it was over, they ran over to us and wished me luck before I went on stage. It felt really weird being back on stage, but after a little while, I was straight back in.

I entered the dressing room where they were getting ready to perform again. Ross ran straight up to me.

"Woah, easy tiger," I told him.

"Sorry sorry. I just need to check that you know exactly what's happening," he replied, running his hands through his long, messy, dirty blonde hair.

"Shor, I know exactly what to do. Vanni, Stormie and I are gonna watch the show in the audience on Riker's side of the stage. You'll beckon me up when it's time. I'll grab a microphone from the stage hand and then I'll sing the chorus with you. I stay on 'til the end of the song before going back to sit down. It'll be fine. Why are you stressing so much anyway?"

I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"No reason," he said, pushing his hair out of his eyes again.

"Ross, we're on," Riker called from the hallway.

He turned his head to the voice before turning back to me.

"Here." I grabbed the black and white bandanna that I'd tied around my neck and reached up onto my tiptoes to wrap it round his head to keep his hair out of his eyes.

"Sexy," I told him before he ran off, grinning, to where his siblings were waiting impatiently.

"Let's go rock this stage!" He yelled.