39. Oh it was Jack. My boy best friend

// Ross POV //

I waited for ages, sat down in the waiting room before my parents and siblings turned up. Mum, dad, Riker, Rocky, Rydel, Ryland, Ratliff and Savannah all came out of the elevator. They rushed over to me.

The receptionist seemed overwhelmed at the amount of people and immediately stood up. "Whoa, whoa, only two visitors are allowed," she said, clearly freaking out. "Who are family."

Mum walked up to her. "She's from the UK-"

"Yeah I know that," the woman interrupted sarcastically.

"And she doesn't have much family. She suffered from anxiety and we're the closest thing she has to family right now. So be the kind, nice hospital worker you're meant to be, and let us all stay."

"Oh in that case then no. Only two people who are family."

We all ignored her and sat down again.

"Any news?" Rydel asked me.

"Nope."

As soon as I spoke, a doctor walked up to us. I stood up and asked him what was wrong.

"Nothing overly major. She collapsed from dehydration and hunger. When was the last time you all saw her eat or drink?"

We all muttered to ourselves.

"The last time she ate was a couple nights ago," mum said. "When I gave her pancakes."

"Okay," the doctor said. "What about drinks?"

"She had a small sip of water with a one paracetamol this morning," Savannah piped up. "But that's all I've seen her drink in ages."

"Okay," the doctor said. "Does she have any medical conditions.

Everybody started shaking their heads so I said, "anxiety."

"Ah, that makes sense."

"What why?" I asked.

"The anxiety could have lead up to her not eating or drinking. Has she had any anxious experiences lately?"

"Just flying from the UK to here," dad said.

"Okay. Well that's all for now. You are free to go in and see her, she's in that room there." He pointed behind him.

I stood up and looked around. "Rydel? You wanna come with me?"

"I'll be there in a min. You have some time with her first," she said.

I took a deep breath before stepping through the door. She lay in a hospital bed with a drip attached to her hand and a gas mask. As soon as she saw me, she took the hand without the drip and struggled to get the mask off.

"Here, let me do it."

I pulled it gently down her face so that it dangled over her neck.

"I'm sorry," was the first thing she said.

"Ssh, there's no need to be."

"I didn't mean to scare you, I didn't realise I was doing it. Until this," she gestured to her surroundings.

"You did scare us, but it's not your fault. It's nobody's fault. We just need to get you outta here."

She didn't reply to me. We sat listening to the beeps of the machine, with my hand tightly clutching hers.

"You know, this is better than British hospitals. All you get there is a stinky ward full of old people."

She tried to smile at me, breaking the ice. The door opened.

"Hello again," the doctor said.

"Now, we can discharge you a week today, as long as your hydration, salt and sugar levels are back up. That means staying on the drip, drinking and eating the foods we give you."

"So we can still perform at night but visit you in the day," I said turning to Cleo. "Is that alright with you?"

"Yeah," she sighed.

The doctor left us in peace. Before long her phone rang. I passed it to her where she answered. She was talking to this guy called Jack. Once she had hung up, I asked her who it was.

"Oh it was Jack. My boy best friend."

"Um you know when you caught me looking at your photos?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah, not your finest moment Lynch."

"Um well yeah, there was a picture of you and this guy. Kissing."

"Oh Ross." She started
laughing hysterically.

"What?"

"That's Jack. We've been best friends since we were 6. That was at a party three years ago. Basically we all were playing truth or dare and I was dared to kiss a good friend. I was NOT going to kiss a girl so Jack said kiss me as a friend. No hard feelings. So I did. I kept that photo for the memories. Were you worried about him?"

"What? Oh uh nooo."

"Oh Ross, I would never pick anyone else over you."

Look 👆🏼 you can put pictures in woo!!! Also, thank you so so so much for over 1k reads! In my head that's crazy

Look 👆🏼 you can put pictures in woo!!! Also, thank you so so so much for over 1k reads! In my head that's crazy. I think I mentioned a while back that I have an R5 fan account on Instagram. Well, I don't use it anymore but I've made a new one which I use regularly. It's called @rxss.shxr.lynch so if you could go follow, I'd be really grateful!