23. Aw damn it

// Ross POV //

Cleo was doing her makeup in the bathroom whilst I got dressed. We had a hotel dinner with the band and family before the performance tonight. I buttoned up my shirt and then walked into the bathroom. Cleo was just putting her contact lenses in. Once they were done, she turned around and asked me if she looked alright.

"Alright? You look amazing!" I replied, and she did. Her hair fell in soft waves that framed her face, and the dress she was wearing fitted and flowed in just the right places. She grabbed her clutch and we walked down to the restaurant together. The only two spare seats were next to each other, and in between Rydel and Ryland. I sat next to Ryland and Cleo took the other seat.

I had ordered a burger with fries, or 'chips'. Cleo got a prawn cocktail and had bread on the side. We'd finished eating and Cleo's hand strayed to mine under the table.

"So, how long have you two been secretly dating?" Ryland asked through a mouthful of food.

"Don't eat with your mouth full," Mum scolded him.

"Uh," I said, thinking about it. Time felt like it had gone incredibly slowly as I realised that it had only been a day or so, and that I hadn't asked her on a proper date yet.

"Not long," Cleo said, wiping her mouth with a napkin. "It just kinda happened you know?" She sent me a meaningful look.

"Anyway everyone, we better head to the dressing room."

"Aww man. We haven't even had dessert yet," Ellington moaned getting up.

"We gotta leave you all plenty of time to get ready," Dad said. "Come on guys."

"Aw damn it. I left my guitar in my room," Cleo said, mentally face palming herself.

"I'll go get it if you want," I offered.

"No, I'll come as well."

"Ok guys but don't be long," Rydel said.

// Cleo POV //

I grabbed Ross' hand and dragged him to the door. Our room was on floor eight and as per usual, I refused the lift.

"I believe we have to be quick, so if you would like me to save your little legs aching, jump on my back right now," Ross said bowing.

I took this opportunity to jump on his back and make him stumble forward.

"Woah woah, I know I said right now, but I meant once I had straightened up."

He ran forward and took the first few stairs two at a time. We got to floor seven and he put me down.

"Do you think you'll be able to take the last lot of stairs on your own, because I certainly can't?" He said, bending over and faking that he was out of breath. I took his hand and started to run. He ran with me as we reached the top of the stairs. Not stopping, we legged it along the corridor to our room. As we past a turning, I saw a light out of the corner of my eye. It looked a camera flash. Frowning, I looked back and saw nothing. I must have been imagining it, or it was something in my contact. Deciding to ignore it, I realised that we'd reached our room. I grabbed my guitar and then Ross and I walked back to the venue. When we were in the lobby, Ross dropped my hand.

"There might be fans outside, I don't want them to see us together, because I know you don't want anyone to know just yet," he told me.

"Okay."

We walked outside into the rain.

Ross shouted over the wind, "If you see any fans, just pretend like you haven't seen them. We need to get indoors quick."

I nodded as we continued along the road. Luckily, we got inside with no fans confronting us. We quickly went round the back, and I caught sight of myself in a mirror.

"Oh god, look at me. My hair's wrecked."

"No it isn't. It looks even better."

It was windswept and slightly frizzy. Not better. Sighing, I turned back and followed Ross down the corridor. It would have to do.

Okay crap chapter but it will have to do. I can't be bothered to write anymore. And I have a good chapter idea so all will be revealed soon. Hope you all have a happy new year. Bring on 2016!