35. I gazed into his eyes

// Cleo POV //

"I wanna live in the moment, live in the now.
Not gonna let go, of the love that I've found.
My life is short, so I'm holding on.
I'm holding on, because there might not be another o-ne.
Oh woah oh woah woah oh,
Oh woah oh woah oh,
Oh woah oh woah woah oh,
I'm holding on, because there might not be another one."

I looked up at Riker from my guitar and smiled at his clapping.

"See? Not so difficult was it?" He said.

"Noo, but do you think he'll like it?" I asked nervously, biting my lip.

"Of course he will Cleo. It's your way of telling him that you really like him."

I hadn't known Riker long but he was already starting to feel like a brother to me.

"Now get some sleep, we've been working on this all night."

I laughed at his pun before agrreing to his statement.

"Yeah, and you go see the others."

He walked off, leaving me to get changed into some fresh underwear, a baggy, comfortable t-shirt which had flowers all over it, and some knee high socks that were super warm. I chucked Ross' hoody that I now claimed to be my own over the top, and ventured through the bus to find him. I silently peeked my head through to the main bunks to see Riker settling down for the night in Savannah's bunk and a couple empty ones.

"Goodnight," he whispered.

"Night."

I heard a quiet noise coming from the back lounge, so I walked through to the door. For a bus, this place was massive. The door was slightly open, so I stood by the doorframe and peered in. Ross and Rocky sat on spinning chairs, their backs to the door.

"So I think it should go like this," Rocky said, following it by playing a chord on his guitar.

"Nah, I'm thinking more like this," Ross replied following his actions but with a different chord.

"Do you want my help or not bro?"

My eyes looked around the room. It was musical heaven. There were instruments everywhere, as well as pieces of paper with lyrics scribbled across them. I caught a look of the nearest one and read the words.

'There's just something something, something about her,
The way that she smiles, the world's turned to a blur.
I've gone crazy, over my baby,
But there's just something something bout my lil' British girl.'

My mouth formed and 'o' shape, and I managed to stop myself talking just in time. I shook myself, and knocked on the door, my head whirring about the lyrics. I didn't know any other British girl around her but myself.

"Oh hey Cleo. You still up?" Rocky asked. He'd reached out and opened the door.

"Um yeah. I actually just came to see when you two were coming to bed."

"You know what, I'm just gonna write down these chords and then I think I will head to bed," Ross said, reaching his hand out for me to hold. I grabbed it obediently.

"All right I'll hit the hay too." A/N what even is that saying? Is it even actually a saying?

They stood up to leave, Ross and mine hands still intertwined. We were just leaving the lounge when all of the lights flickered off. We were suspended in darkness, which really scared me. My grip tightened so Ross put his arms round me. We stood there in the darkness whilst Rocky fumbled with his phone to put the torch on. Once the small gleam of light was shone around the room, we made our way to the bunks. Ross let go of me so he could put his torch on so we could see what we were doing once we'd left Rocky.

We walked in silence to the bunks where I took the hoody off and Ross stripped down to his underwear. We climbed into my bunk together. It was really tiny, so I was basically on top of him. He set his phone up in the corner so that it cast a ghostly gloom over us. The light was really faded, so we could barely see each other.

He looked up at me and I gazed into his eyes. He reached his head up and our lips connected. They moved in unison as we lay in the dim light.

Ooh second Cleoss kiss (I think)!!! Aah they both wrote a song about each other. Cute!!!