10. Thank you

// Ross POV //

We were sat in the dressing room ready for the first performance of our European Tour. I was a little nervous but I was used to it by now. Ryland would do his set then we would do half our set and then take a break. During our break, Cleo would do her part and then we would finish it up. Although Cleo didn't have to be on for at least another hour, she was panicking like crazy.

"Whatifitallgoeswrongandifalloffthestageorigetthelyricswrongoror..." She was saying whilst breathing heavily.

"Um Ross, do you know what's wrong with her?" Riker asked me. They were all starting to worry about her.

"Um no not real- Oh wait, she has anxiety," I said standing up with a look of horror coming over my face. "What if she has a panic attack out there?"

"Hopefully she's gonna get it out of her system now - look," Riker said pointing at the other side of the room.

"Deep breaths Cleo, in and out, well done," Rydel was saying with her arm wrapped around her shoulder.

Cleo was slumped against the wall, knees up to her chest. She looked so weak and fragile compared to her normal outgoing self. Her hair looked limp as it hung over her face and her face was tear stained. We all gathered around her apart from Ryland who had to go out and do his set. Ellington offered her a glass of water whilst Rocky played a calm tune on the guitar. I suddenly thought of something that might help.

"Riker, I need to go back to the bus. Can I borrow your hoody so I don't get attacked by fans?"

"Yeah sure but don't be long. Cleo needs all the help she can get right now," he replied.

"I know."

I legged it out of the dressing room, pulling on Riker's hoody. I flew down the 3 flights of stairs and out of the doors. Heading towards the tour busses, I saw a cluster of fans. I darted quickly behind a lorry and ran to the bus. I climbed into it and went straight for Cleo's bunk. Rummaging around in it, I put my hand on a small soft toy. I grabbed it and ran all the way back.

As I entered, I saw that Cleo was still on the floor but she wasn't crying and her head was up. Her hand was shaking as she lifted the unsteady cup of water to her mouth.

"Hey Cleo. How're feeling?" I asked gently walking towards her.

She looked up at me but didn't reply.

"I brought you this," I said placing Shor the lion in her hand.

"Thank you," she whispered taking him gratefully and hugging him to her chest.

Noticing that she had goosebumps on her bare arms, I grabbed my fleece lined denim jacket and put it around her shoulders.

"Better?"

She nodded.

Savannah took my arm and dragged me to the other side of the room. "Well done," she said.

"What for?" I replied back confused.

"For making her talk. She hasn't talked since she calmed down."

"Well, I'm here to help aren't I?" I said.

"Yes Ross."

// Riker POV //

I hated to leave Cleo when she was so vulnerable, but it was time for the concert.

"Guys, we gotta get on stage," I said.

"Hey Cleo. Hey. We have to go on stage now but Savannah will be here and Ryland in a minute. If you don't feel like going on when it's time you don't have to, just for this show," Rydel told her. She nodded in acknowledgment.

"Okay let's go rock this stage," Ellington said as we left.