18. I walked away

// Cleo POV //

I went for a brief walk before heading back to the bus. I needed to grab my handbag to take to my mum's. I climbed aboard and called out, "hello? Anyone here?"

No one replied so I just shrugged and went to the back.  I opened the door, expecting to see an empty room, but instead Ross was there, his back to me.

He turned around at the presence of me, phone in hand. My eyes wondered to it. It was a rose gold iPhone 6 in a white floral case. MY phone.

"Uh, Ross, what are you doing?"

His eyes widened when he saw me. "Um, well you see. Your phone, like, went off so I ur, was just checking that it wasn't um, an emergen..."

I snatched the phone out of his hands and looked down at it. "Why were you going through my photos?" I yelled suddenly furious. How dare he go through my PRIVATE stuff?!

I grabbed my bag and flung it over my shoulder. I stalked out of the room and called a taxi. I waited for a while before it turned up.

"Where to?" The cab driver asked gruffly.

"4 Elm Lane please."

"No idea where that is."

"What? Your a TAXI driver. Surely you have a sat nav or something?" I asked, shocked.

"If your gonna talk like that, you can go without a taxi," and he sped off causing me to jump back to avoid my toes being run over. 

I called for another taxi and waited another 10 minutes. Finally, it turned up. Before the taxi driver could ask me where I needed to go, I said, "you know where 4 Elm Lane is don't you?"

He grinned at me, "who doesn't? Hop in."

It took 15 minutes to get to my house. I paid the taxi driver and then wondered up the garden path. I loved our house because it was only 5 minutes walk away from the beach. In my room there was a window seat which overlooked the sea. I knocked on the door but nobody replied so I tried the door handle. Locked. Ella and mum would be at work but I knew that they would both come home at midday. I walked up into my room and dumped my bag on the bed. I collected the few things I needed to pick up into a backpack and then opened the door to my recording studio. The decks were untouched and the window overlooking the actual music room was crystal clear. I walked to the end and opened the soundproof door which led into the room where all my covers were set. I sank down into the fluffy pink armchair and sprawled my long legs out. I shut my eyes and imagined that my life was normal and that I didn't fall out with an international superstar. My dreaming was interrupted by a ding I knew all to well. I went to grab my phone and I saw that Ross had texted.

'I'm sorry. Please meet me by the old pier at 4pm. Please *imagine a super young Ross making puppy dog eyes at you* xx'

I didn't reply but I decided is meet him anyway.

Click. Mum and Ella were back. We had a super nice lunch together before I told them that I was leaving now.

"I'll visit again as soon as we're back in England I promise," I said, giving them both big hugs.

// Ross POV //

I stood looking out to sea waiting for Cleo. I checked my watch nervously before scuffing my feet in the stones. I had it all planned out. My thoughts were quickly forgotten as a flash caused me to turn around abruptly. Cleo was stood there with a grin plastered across her face, holding a Nikon camera.

"I didn't know you were into photography?"

She tapped the side of her nose. "One of my many secrets. Why did you want to meet me?" She took a step closer to me. If we were the same height then her mouth would have been inches from mine. Unfortunately, her lips were inches from my chest. I didn't have to say anything. I just needed to do it.

"Ros.." I cut her off short by lowering my head. She reached up on her tiptoes and put her lips on mine. I kissed her tenderly and she kissed me back. I clasped her empty hand in mine and pushed the necklace into it.

I pulled away and whispered, "I believe this is what you wanted." I walked away.