22. He was so goddam handsome!

// Rydel POV //

The hotel was right next to the venue, so we didn't have far to walk. We got to the dressing room to see Ross talking to a tall blonde haired girl. She turned around at the sound of the door.

"No way," Cleo said, her hand flying to her mouth.

"Are you-" I said, just as shocked.

"If you were gonna say Rita Ora then yes, that's me. Pleasure to meet you," she stuck out her hand then decided to hug us instead.

"I see you've already met Ross," I said shakily.

"Oh, Rossy. Yes I have met that handsome bunny face."

I looked at Cleo and she looked back at me. Sounded like Rita liked him. A lot.

"Um Cleo, can I talk to you outside please?" Ross said.

She nodded and followed him outside. I was stuck in here with Rita Ora. The Rita Ora.

// Ross POV //

I knew what Rita was trying to do, and I had to let Cleo know that I didn't like her.

"Cleo, I just need to say that I don't like her. Not like I like you."

She suddenly burst out laughing. She clutched her sides, trying to stop.

"What's so funny?" I asked frowning.

"Y-you. Her-r. Have you seen her attempts at flirting? They're pa-pathetic," she hiccuped. She started to laugh uncontrollably again. I put my arms around her to steady her, and put my hands on her lower back. She returned the hug, wrapping her arms around my waist. She looked up at me and I looked down at her. We were silent and then she started to laugh crazily. I pulled her in closer to me as she was shaking.

"I heard that Rita Ora is our guest act," said one voice.

"How'd you find out?" Another voice said.

"Oh Ross told me."

Before Cleo and I had chance to jump apart, Ratliff and Rocky walked around the corner.

"Uh hey guys," Ratliff said.

"Hey," Cleo said, looking down at the floor.

"Are you guys, like, a couple now?" Rocky asked.

I looked at Cleo and then said, "I guess so."

"Can I tell Rydel?"

"N-"

"She already knows," Cleo said.

"Why don't we just go outside and tell everyone," I said sarcastically.

"I didn't tell her, she saw my phone case."

"Oh. Well, we can tell everyone at the hotel dinner before the show."

"Everyone?" Cleo said in horror.

"Riker, mum and dad, Ryland and Savannah. Don't worry," I said hugging her.

We walked back into the dressing room to see everyone already in there. We decided to tell them all now, since they were all here, and since Cleo kept on wanting to hold my hand. She hid behind me and gripped my hand tight as I explained about us - it was obviously quite nerve racking for her.

We went through to the stage to do sound check. Cleo sat in one of the seats in the auditorium to watch us, nervously biting her fingernails. Because it was an early sound check, there wasn't anyone there yet. Once we were done, I jumped off the stage and towards Cleo. I sat in the seat next to her and grabbed her hand.

"You alright?" I whispered.

She nodded. She seemed pretty comfortable - she had kicked her shoes off and her feet were curled up on the seat. She rested her head into my shoulder as we watched Rita rehearse.

// Cleo POV //

Ross held onto my hand for the rest of Rita's rehearsel, and I didn't lift my head off his shoulder until the very end. I watched how Rita kept looking at Ross; she stared at him throughout the whole of Poison.

Ross clearly noticed my discomfort, as he gave me a quick kiss and squeezed my hand.

"Come on, we're done here now," he said.

I moaned and cuddled into his shoulder. I didn't want to get up yet.

"Cleo, it's time to go. We've gotta go unpack our stuff into our hotel."

He picked up my shoes and slid them on my feet, then offered his arm for me to get up. I took it gratefully and we walked to the dressing room arm in arm.

I grabbed my phone and then we went to the bus to pick what we needed in the hotel. We could always come back down if we forgot anything, but it was easier to take it all now.

I grabbed my backpack and chucked into it Ross' shirt, a pair of small shorts for bed, my toiletries, a long white flowy dress for the dinner and on stage, shoes, black jeans and a black top, my makeup, my hair stuff, my phone charger and headphones. I flung it on my back and then grabbed my handbag and guitar case.

"You done?" I asked Ross.

"Yeah just about," he said. "Ok let's go."

We got to the front of the bus to see that it was chucking it down with rain. I put up the hood of the Ross' hoodie but it came over my eyes.

"Wait a minute, is that not my hoodie?"

"Yeah sorry I didn't know what to wear. Oh, I forgot my contacts."

"No, keep your glasses on - you look so cute," he said, putting his arm out to stop me going back.

"But I need them for the stage," I protested.

"Fine," he said sulkily.

I ran back and grabbed them and then we legged it to the reception of the hotel. It was difficult since I had three bags but Ross only had one, so he took my handbag for me. When we got to the hotel, Ross went straight up to the desk, with me trailing along behind him. I caught up with him and grasped his hand in mine.

"Hello, I'd like to cancel the booking of the room reserved for Cleo May please?" He said to the receptionist.

"Okay, can I please have your form of payment?" The woman replied.

"No, I don't want a return. Think of it as a very generous tip. Oh, and can I have the key to the room reserved for Ross Lynch?"

She handed it over, clearly in shock.

"Thank you," he called over his shoulder.

We went up to our room and collapsed on the bed. I insisted that we took the stairs, even though we were on floor eight. I have a phobia of lifts so I refused.

I rolled over onto my side and looked at Ross. He was so goddam handsome!

Ok, just want to address that this isn't meant to be bad for Rita. I love her music (not as much as R5 tho) so I don't want it to seem like I'm pointing fingers. Also, this is the longest chapter yet and it took me agggeeeesssss to write no kidding. It is 1187 words long so yeah please appreciate that. And look at the picture at the top - baby Lynch's. They're so cute!! (From left to right: Rydel, Ross, Ryland, Rocky, Riker [you probably already knew who was who but in well]).