19. Why did you kiss me Ross?

// Cleo POV //

I stood with my mouth open, watching him walk away. I tried to call his name but I couldn't talk. I went to push the hair out of my eyes, but my hand was clenched into a fist. Unfolding my hand, I saw a silver chain with a black guitar pick threaded on it. The pink R5 logo was printed on it. My hand fluttered towards my own necklace, then I thought of Ross. He had necklaces that he wore just like mine. I clasped it around my neck, letting it hang out of my top, and walked up the beach to find Ross. I needed to talk to him as soon as possible.

I found my way to the busses and was looking for Ross when Rydel called my name.

"Hey Cleo. You ready to go?"

"Ready to go where?" I asked.

"You said we should all meet up and go somewhere for food," she said, confused.

"Um, you guys go ahead to Lucky Beach and I'll meet you there. I have a few things I need to do first. I need your help Ross. Is that all right?"

"Ok see you later guys." They all headed to the beach.

"So," Ross said, scuffing his feet on the dirty gravel.

"So," I said back, arms folded across my chest.

"What did you need help with?"

"Nothing. You know that."

Silence.

"Why did you kiss me Ross?"

"I don't know what you're on about," a sheepish grin spread across his face.

"Come on," I said, play punching him in the arm.

"I like you Cleo. I really do. I have done since I first saw you, at that gig."

"I remember. But why did we hate each other?"

"To deny the fact that we were meant to be together?" He asked, taking a step closer to me.

My heart was pounding in my chest. "How did you know I liked you back."

He grinned. "Man, you British chicks are hot." He paused. "Come here you."

He opened his arms and I slunk into them, enjoying the feel of his arms around my small body. I don't know how long we hugged for, but it went way too quickly for my liking. Afterwards, we went and sat on the sofa. We were silent but it wasn't awkward. Suddenly, I remembered something.

"Ross, we were meant to meet the others ages ago," I said, a worried expression coming over my face.

"Don't worry babe. I texted Riker to tell him that we wouldn't be able to make it."

Babe? Did he just call me babe?!

"Ok," I snuggled into his chest. He smelt musky, like he was wearing cologne, but there was another scent around him. Something fresh, like he was permenantly on a beach or something. Salty.

"Hey, I'm gonna get into something more comfy," he said, starting to get up.

"Yeah, me too." I grabbed some clothes and went into the loo. As much as I liked Ross, I still felt uncomfortable undressing in front of anyone, let alone him. I took my top and bra off and instantly relaxed. Any other girl would understand this feeling. I chucked on the shirt Ross lent me at the swimming pool and changed into little shorts. His shirt was super comfy, and I knew he'd be happy to see me wearing it. Although it was a bit too big, it kinda suited me - the sleeves coming down to just above my elbows and the hem resting mid way down my thighs. My hair was thrown up into a messy bun, and all traces of makeup were removed. I opened the door to see Ross leaning against the bunks on his phone.

Looking up, he said, "woah, nice shirt. You suit it better than I do."

I blushed and replied, "I'd lend you one of mine seeming as you can't be bothered to find your own, but it wouldn't fit you." He was only wearing sweatpants.

He reached out his hand and pulled my two necklaces from where they had been tucked into my shirt. My pink guitar pick and the one he gave me.

Omg!!!!!!!!! Massive turn about!!! If you haven't noticed, I have changed the cover of this book. I prefer it a lot more now. Dunno what else to say apart from the fact that I think I'll end this book soon (I might, I might not). But even if I do, there will definitely be a sequel because I have way too many ideas for Cleo and Ross. So yeah. Byeeeeeeee (I'm also gonna write another Ross Lynch book called Imprisoned so make sure to check that out when I publish it).