Day 15

'Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one.'
James 1:13

OK, you know all that bad stuff in our lives? All the stuff that make you look at it and think, why? What have I done to deserve this? Maybe you've had a really stressful week, or someone's being really hurtful at school. I don't know what it is, but there's always something.

Well, I'll tell you one thing. That's not God. God does not try to harm or hurt you. If anyone asks something like, 'If God's so wonderful, why does such and such happen,' answer with this. 'This is not God. This is because of sin and the devil's work. All God wants is to be close to us -that's why if we just believe, all our sins will be forgiven, and we will live for eternity with him in heaven.'

If you feel like something in the back of your head is saying 'God's not real... how can he be?' think of all that God has done for you. This is the devil in your head, but ignore it. God is more real than anything else. Don't allow yourself to be tempted. Speaking as someone with experience, I know it's hard. Just try to listen to some worship music and pray. God is amazing, and will always help you.

Prayer
Dear Lord,
I'm sorry for believing that all the bad stuff that happens to me is your fault. Thank you for always wanting the best for me. Please help me not to be tempted, and to just know that you are real. Thank you Jesus.
Amen