Day 162

'Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.'

Philippians 2:3-4

Selfishness. For some reason that word has been racing around my head all this week. I'm pretty sure you'll know what selfishness means, but the definition is 'the quality or state of being selfish; lack of consideration for other people.' And really, the world we live in today is about selfishness. It's all 'Me, me, me, me!' That's pretty much the cause of a lot of things. If people didn't think about themselves so much, more immigrants would be allowed into countries, there wouldn't really be war and there would be much less crime.

God doesn't want us to be selfish. He made us all equal and meant for us to love one another. He doesn't want us to just look out for our own interests, but to look out for others too. If we started to think about others more and not ourselves, people would notice. And I know I have said this so many times before, but we stand out and shine a light, the light of Jesus, into our everyday lives. God wants you to know you are loved, and he wants others to know that too. If you show them how wonderful God is, and how life doesn't have to be about themselves, but about everyone, you could make a difference.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that you love everyone equally and no-one is more important. please help me not t be selfish. Help me to think of others. Please give me the power to make a difference in the way our world sees and does things.

Amen