Day 74

'Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.'

Ephesians 5:15-20

I don't know about you, but when I hear the word 'wise', the first image that springs to mind is an old owl, probably with spectacles and an old-fashioned teacher's hat. But what really is wisdom? God tells us to be wise, but what does he mean? Does he mean that we all need to be learned scholars, and get 100% is every exam? No. God wants us to be wise in every decision that we make, and in everything we do.

Do you know what the cleverest and wisest thing you could do is? Ask God. Honestly! Ask God! He will guide you along the right path. Try and listen to what he's saying. But if you're struggling with hearing him, which is OK, then this is what you should do when in doubt. Firstly, check what you want to do is OK with the bible. If you know that in several places in the bible it says specifically stuff against what you wanna do, don't do it. The stuff in the bible is there for a reason! of course, you don't really need to worry about it if it mentions something like not eating bacon once, because I'm pretty sure something like that doesn't apply to us today.

Secondly, see that what you wanna do doesn't hurt anyone. Share god's love, don't hurt people. That is a huge thing Christians focus on, being full of kindness. And finally, see that what you wanna do is what you enjoy. There's no point in doing something if you really don't want to. But really, I still emphasise asking God if you feel you can. God is the wisest person in the entire universe - he's like a living encyclopaedia! Did I spell that right? God is your Father, and he will always know what's best for you.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for always knowing what's right. Please help me to be able to be wise in my decisions, and to know that you will guide me. Help me to do things in a way that makes me different from everyone else - because I am full of your love.

Amen