Day 66

'As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.'

Ephesians 4:1-6

There is only one God. There are no other Gods, no other idols, no other deities. Don't be tempted by what you see. It might sound crazy here, but believe me, it happens. Our God is the Father, the Son and the Spirit in one. This verse says it clearly: there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all. So I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but all those 'Gods' in Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism (ok, I know there isn't really a God in Buddhism, but still) and all those other religions, they are fake, made by pretty much the devil to tempt you. There are already loads if people who have fallen to their ideas. Don't let one of them be you.

What does it mean to be humble? It says in the verse that we should be humble as Christians, but what does it mean? The definition is 'having or showing a modest or low estimate of one's importance'. But in Christianity, that doesn't mean that you should think that you are rubbish. You're a wonderful, kind, beautiful, brave child of God. It just means that you should realise in all honesty how great God is. You need to really remember that it's not about you, but God, and that God is a million times greater than anything.

Another thing the verse says is to be patient. I'm pretty sure you all know what patience is, but I just want to tell you what Paul is trying to say by writing this. To be patient as a Christian is to never give up faith in God. If you ask him for something, don't stop believing just because he hasn't given it to you yet. He will - at least, as long as it's something that works in his plan. If he doesn't, you just have to patient until he tells you the reason why not. And there will be a very good reason, for God knows best in everything.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for being the one God. Thank you for being greater than anything else in the entire world. Thank you for always knowing what's best for me. Please help me not to be tempted by the idea of another God. Help me to be humble always, and to know that you come first. Please help me to be patient as well, and never give up on you.

Amen