Day 33

'Are we saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course not! For God said to Moses,

"I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose."

So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.'

Romans 9:14-16 

OK, who hates being in unfair situations? I don't know about you, but I have a little brother who always seems to get out best in every argument. Maybe sometimes you think that life's unfair because everyone else has got an iPhone and you have a Nokia Brick, or something along those lines. Well, let me tell you something. God is never unfair.

Sometimes people think that God isn't fair. Some people find it unfair that he's given some people a wonderful life in a mansion on the coast of Hawaii, even though they don't even believe in him. But don't you see that when you go to heaven, God is going to be merciful towards you because you believe in him? Don't you see that all those people who have it great for the meagre amount of time that they spend on earth will not spend the rest of eternity in heaven unless they turn their mind and hearts to God? God will choose to show mercy and compassion to you, because you know him and love for him!

So don't cast away your heavenly Father because you think life's unfair. Live for God, as I have told you on several occasions, and you will be blessed by the justest (is that even a word?) judge of all time.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you for being fair. Thank you for being merciful and compassionate. Please help me to live for you, so that I may go to heaven to live with you. Please help me never to doubt you, and always know that you are with me. I love you Jesus.

Amen