Day 168

'Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them.

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.'

Matthew 19:13-15

Do you ever feel like you can't do anything because you are young? Maybe you feel that you can't have a proper relationship with God because you have to be over the age of 30 to do so, or some other crazy idea. Well, the truth is, the kingdom of Heaven belongs to us. It belongs to everyone. No-one is too young, or too much of a sinner, to share in God's wonderful promise for us, to have eternal life and to know him as our Father and our King.

Everyone is a child, and God is calling to them. Jesus has his arms outstretched for you. If anyone patronises you, or says you are too young, ignore them, for they don't know the truth about God's promise. God has a plan for you, and that plan doesn't start when you get a job, or anything like that - it starts right here, right now. In fact, it started several years ago when you were born. In fact, it started when Jesus died for you, because now you can spend eternity in heaven with your father. If there is something you want to do to praise God, then do it. Nothing can stand in your way.

Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank you that I am your child. Thank you that because I know you, I can do the impossible, and nothing can stand in my way. Please help me not to hide behind the excuse that I am too young. Help me to start following your plan for me now, not when I'm older.

Amen