Day 1

'When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created.'
Genesis 5:1-2

Many people read this part of the bible in some kind of blur. Genesis is one of those books that go on and on and on, reciting names and places in big long lists. In fact, this bible verse is the intro to a large collection of names, that is enough to bore anyone to sleep. But if you look carefully at what this is saying, it states the basic facts of Christianity and the fundamental beliefs of many other religions as well.

Are you ever at school, and someone says a snooty comment on your hair, or your teeth, or your unusual hair accessories? Has anyone ever made you feel miserable about the way you look? People often try to make themselves look good to impress a particular person, or group of people. We all think that there is at least something we would like to change about the way we look. Well, guess what? You are made in the likeness of God. However you look, whatever impression you put on people when you enter a room, that is how God made you. You are made like Him, perhaps not on the outside, but on the inside. God has created you, and you alone, to become a wonderful Woman of God.

If you put your mind to it, you can become more and more like Jesus in every aspect of your life. Use the fruits of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) to become a beautiful Daughter of the King. Because you are beautiful. You are wonderful. And God loves you.

Prayer
Dear Lord,
Thank you for creating me. Thank you for making me in your likeness. Thank you for making me individual, and unique. Please help me, wherever I am, to become more like you in my life. When I am hurt emotionally, help me to remember that you love me, and that I am a wonderful Woman of God. I love you Jesus.
Amen