Day 8

'But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.'
1 Peter 3:4

Who here wants to be beautiful? Do you dream of having the gorgeous body of a supermodel, or the face of a Disney princess? Well, let me tell you something. You are beautiful. You are a beautiful girl and I know that, even though I've never met you. I know that because God knows that, and what God knows is the truth.

In this bible verse, it basically says, don't try to make yourself beautiful on the outside, but make yourself gentle, kind and loving on the inside. It's a bit like a house with an ornate door. You look at the pretty door and think, "wow," but what you really want to see is what it's like inside. If the house looks gorgeous on the outside, but is a dump on the inside, you won't ever like the house. It's the same with people. God looks at you, not at what you look like, but what you are like.

So as you go through life, remember this. You are beautiful. And if you try, you will be much more beautiful on the inside. And if that's where God looks, then what else matters?

Prayer
Dear Lord,
Thank you for making me beautiful. Thank you for looking on the inside. Please help me to become even more beautiful in my heart, so that I will strike others as a beautiful and confident girl.
Amen