Chapter 16 ~ Rise and Shine

Hello everyone! How are you this lovely rainy afternoon?

This chapter is dedicated to @shadowspinner for guessing right!  

Comment, Vote, and Fan!  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

Chapter 16 ~ Rise and Shine  

I woke up with a stiff neck and a sore back from sleeping in the chair. I looked around the room, Layfeld and the Hobbits were still sleeping, but Strider was nowhere in sight. I stood up and stretched, my back cracking. That felt better.                                                                                                

I sat down on the bed next to Layfeld and kissed him on the cheek. His eyes fluttered open and he looked up at me, yawning. He sat up slightly and smiled at me.                                                                        

"Good mornin' Mum!"                                                                                                                                      

I started for a second at his words, but then smiled. If he wanted me to be his mother, that's what I would be.                  "

Good morning Layfeld... did you sleep well?"                                                                                                   

"Yes... very well..."                                                            

He yawned again and I pulled him into a tight hug. The door opened and Strider walked in. He smiled at the sight of me and Layfeld.                                                                                                                       

"Well, lad, are you ready to go on an adventure?" he asked.                                                                     

"An adventure?" he asked with wonder in his voice, turning to me, "Are we goin' on a real adventure, Mum?"                                                                                                                                                          

"Yes, Layfeld, a real adventure!" I laughed.                                                                                                 

"Then ya bet I'm ready, Sir!"                                                                                                                       

"I thought that's what you'd say!" replied Strider, ruffling the boy's hair, "Now, how about you wake up those sleepy Hobbits for me?"                                                                                                                     

"Yes Sir!"                                                                                                                                                          

He stood up on the bed and started jumping up and down. He succeeded not just in waking them up; he also managed to knock Pippin to the floor.                                                                                            

"Ow!" the Hobbit yelled.                                                                              

"Oh, sorry, Sir!" he apologized.                                                                                                                  

"It's okay, lad. And no more o' this 'Sir' business - call me Pippin!"                                      

"Alright Pippin!"                                                                                                                                                

He jumped off the bed, leaving Pippin on the ground; and ran over to me, taking my hand.                      

"Are we ready to go Mum?"                                                                                                                   

"I'm not sure... Son... it's up to Strider."                                                                                                        

"The sooner we leave the better!" Strider exclaimed, walking over to Pippin who had promptly fallen asleep on the floor.                                                                                                                                             

He kicked him awake and told the other Hobbits to pack up their things.  The Hobbits complied and Sam took over most of that job. Telling the Hobbits to meet him at the stables, he took Layfeld and I to pick out a pony to bring with us.                                                                                                               

I picked up Layfeld and held on to him tightly as we walked through the Inn. He was literally wriggling with excitement. I thanked Mr. Butterbur for his hospitality and stepped out into the fresh air of Middle Earth...  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

Haha!! I love Pippin! And Layfeld is adorable! I want one!  

You know, it's weird. This story seems like it's writing itself in my head and all I'm doing is writing it down.  

@Mizuki_and_Kakashi won the last dedication and her question was: (If you could have one magical creature as a pet, or be a magical creature yourself, what would it be?)  

I would probably choose to be an Elven Dragon Rider from Du Weldenvarden in Alagaesia. (read the Inheritance Cycle to understand) And for a pet... a dragon, obviously! (again refer to the Inheritance Cycle)  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

@shadowspinner won this dedication! You know how it works! Ask me a question!  

For the next dedication I want you to guess the name of the pony they choose, and who names him! The dedication does to the FIRST correct guess. Good luck!  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*  

Facebook: Walling247  

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247) 

May Middle Earth be with you!  

~ Walling247