Chapter 31 ~ A Worthy Weapon

Hello my loyal minions! How are you all today? I just got back from Cappies training, boy was it fun! I learned so much! And soon I'm off to a Coffe House at my school that I'm performing in. I'm singing The Middle by Lauren Alaina. Wish me luck!

The dedication goes to: @oakenshield_payne13 for her really enthusiastic comment last chapter! It made me laugh!

Comment, Vote, and Fan!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 31 ~ A Worthy Weapon

The sword was magnificent! It had to be the most amazing thing I had ever seen! I knew right away that I absolutely had to have this sword! I don't think I could ever picture a more perfect weapon.

The long blade was polished metal, shining brightly in the light of my torch. Along the length of one side of the blade ran an Elvish inscription in a curvy script. I would have to ask Strider later what it meant. At the very top of the blade by the hilt was a smaller inscription that ran horizontal across it.

The hilt was made of silver with white gold designs etched into it. The elaborate patterns captivated me, twisting and turning. The pommel was a deep blue sapphire that sparkled brightly. The crossguard was also set with a smaller sapphire on either side.

I reached towards it in awe. It was breathtaking. I had never imagined another sword as beautiful in my life. I grabbed the hilt and lifted the sword, my hand melting into it perfectly. It was as if the sword was made for me. It was a little heavy for me, but once I started using it regularly it should be fine.

Looking around I spied the matching scabbard and belt. The scabbard had the same Elvish inscription as the blade did. I wrapped the belt around my waist and put the sword into the scabbard. I threw on my jacket and slung the bow and quiver on my back. Picking up my bag of clothes, I made my way out of the cave and into the open air.

As I walked through the woods towards the stone trolls, I heard the sound of hoof beats. I quickened my pace. As I reached the edge of the small clearing, I heard a silvery voice speaking in a bewitching language. When I stepped into our campsite, I froze in excitement.

It was Arwen!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Haha! Leaving you all once again! I know, it's so torturous...

Do you guys think this story fits under the Fantasy or Adventure genre more? Tell me!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Facebook: Walling247

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247)

Tumblr: (Coming Soon!)

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247