Chapter 25 ~ Nice Crispy Bacon

Hey guys, I just want you to know that since I've started school, we won't be doing the whole question/answer/dedication thing. I don't have enough time to do all that now. Don't worry, the chapters will keep coming, but I need to use the time I have for actually writing the story.

This chapter is dedicated to: @ronnie_lumos for fanning/following!

Comment, Vote, Fan!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 25 ~ Nice Crispy Bacon

I woke up in the middle of the night to the smell and sound of bacon frying over a fire. I inhaled the intoxicating scent and sighed. I snuggledd into my blankets and realized that Layfeld was no longer beside me. I bolted upright to find Sam, Merry, Pippin, and Layfeld around a small fire.

Relief flooded through me and I smiled at the four of them. I stood up and walked over to the fire - and the food. I sat down between Merry and Layfeld and crossed my legs. Some of the bacon was already done and we started splitting it up between us.

As I bit down on the meat, I moaned in ecstasy. It was delicious! The Hobbits gave me a strange look and Layfeld started giggling. I shrugged at them and finished my food. Pippin put some tomatoes over the fire for Merry and himself. I glanced over at Frodo and saw him stirring in his sleep.

"My tomato's burst..." sighed Merry.

"Could I have some more bacon?" asked Pippin, a hungry gleam in his eyes.

I laughed and handed him another strip.

"Want a tomato, Sam?" asked Merry.

Before Sam could answer, Frodo bolted upright, a look of disbelief in his eyes.

"What are you doing?!" he exclaimed.

"Tomatoes, sausages, nice crispy bacon..." explained Merry, pointing to the different foods on the fire.

"We saved some for you, Mr. Frodo." said Sam, holding up a plate for him.

"Put it out, you fools!" he yelled, running over to us, and stamping his foot on the fire, "Put it out!"

"That's nice!" remarked Pippin, slightly annoyed as he watched the embers fly into the food, "Ash on my tomatoes!"

We all froze as a piercing shriek filled the air. Layfeld crept closer to me and grabbed my hand. The scream was unlike anything I had ever imagined. Sure, I had heard it in the movie, but it was a million times worse in real life. A chill crept down my spine and I shuddered.

It was them... they were here!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Like I said, no more competitions. I will be dedicting chapters to people for following, or for just being awesome. Comments might also get you a dedication.

Tell me what you think of my story. How might I improve it? What would you like to see happen? I'm writing this story for you guys.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I love hearing what you guys think, so keep telling me and you just might get a dedication!

See you guys next Thursday!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Facebook: Walling247

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247)

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247