Chapter 4 ~ Middle Earth?

Hey everyone, guess what? None of you guessed it! So now you'll just have to keep reading to find out!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This chapter is dedicated to @internalawesomeness for fanning!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Comment, Vote, and Fan!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 4 ~ Middle Earth?

I stood there for a few moments, not moving, my mouth hanging open. Down the road was what you might call... a village?

At least that's what it looked like.

The village was surrounded by a wooden wall made up of logs standing on end. And facing me was a gate that looked like it was locked.

Where was I? Had I gone back in time?

I walked towards the gate with growing apprehension. As I got closer, the village started to look a lot less friendly.

The houses that must have been a clean white at one time, had faded to a dull and dirty grey. The tiered roofs were layered with wooden boards that looked rotten.

This village did not appeal to me at all. But... why did it look so familiar?

I reached the gate and knocked on a door on one side. I waited a few moments and heard scuffling sounds coming from the other side.

A slot on the door opened and an old man stuck out his head. His hair was grey and stringy and looked like it hadn't been washed in years. His wrinkled face was covered in I don't know how many layers of dirt and grime.

"What do ya want?" He asked, his voice cracking, "What's yer business here?"

He looked me up and down suspiciously, his eyes narrowing into slits.

"Can you tell me where I am?" I asked miserably.

"Yer at the village o' Bree, Miss." He replied, peering at me curiously, "Is there somethin' I can do?"

"Yes, do you mind letting me in? I haven't eaten all day and..."

I stopped. Bree?

"Sorry, Sir, but did you happen to say B-Bree?" I stuttered.

A thought began to creep into my mind, but it couldn't possibly be true.

"Yes girl! What's the matter with ya? Ya hard o' hearin'?"

"No, Sir, I'm not. C-could... do you mind letting me in?"

"What's yer name, Miss?"

"Julianna Haywood."

"Hhhmm, I suppose ya don't look like too much trouble now do ya?"

"No, Sir?"

"I guess it'd be alright if ya stepped in fer a bit."

He creaked open the door and I stepped in nervously. I couldn't believe my eyes! I was right!

I was in Bree!

Which meant that I had to be in... I was...

I was in Middle Earth!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Soooo.... What do you all think? I was kind of nervous writing dialogue with one of Tolkien's characters.

How do you like Harry the Gatekeeper? Did I take him too far? Was he too nice? Tell me!!!

Just so you all know! The next chapter is my favourite so far! You guys get to meet a brand new character! And this one is mine and absolutely adorable! Oh! I can't wait!

What kind of character do you think it will be? Male or Female? Young or Old? Human or Something Else?

Best guess gets the next dedication!

Chapter 5 is coming your way next Thursday!!!

Instagram: Walling247

Facebook: Walling247

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247