Chapter 28 ~ A Small Victory

Hello all! I have my first spare this semesester, so I decided  to update!

Chapter is dedicated to: @elmo1695 for her really nice comment last chapter.

Comment, Vote, and Fan!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 28 ~ A Small Victory

As the Nazgûl stepped towards us I saw Strider out of the corner of my eye. He was looking at the flaming branch in his hand. I smiled as he threw the branch through the air and impaled the Nazgûl in the middle of its empty face. It erupted into flames and screamed, running away as quickly as possible.

I gave a small cheer of victory in my head before I turned my attention back to Frodo. He winced in pain and clutched at his shoulder in agony.

"Strider!" Sam called, as the Ranger ran towards us.

He knelt down beside Frodo and looked at his wound.

"Help him, Strider.." Sam begged, tears in his eyes.

Strider picked up the Nazgûl's sword and studied it. It disintegrated in his hand.

"He's been stabbed by a Morgul blade." he explained, dropping it in disgust, "This is beyond my skill to heal. He needs Elvish medicine."

He gathered Frodo into his arms and told us to hurry up. I grabbed Layfeld's small hand and dragged him with me as I followed. When we reached our campsite, we grabbed all of our stuff as quickly as we could and loaded it onto Bill's back. We were lucky our furry friend was still there and hadn't run away. Anything could have happened to the poor pony.

We made our way down the hill and through the landscape to a wooded area. The trees closed in around us. Strider had Frodo slung over his shoulder, gripping him with one hand, and a torch in the other. He turned to look at the rest of us behind him.

"Hurry!"

"We're six days from Rivendell!" Sam yelled, pulling Bilbo along, "He'll never make it!"

Layfeld and I were the closest to Strider and I heard him whisper quietly to the figure in his arms.

"Hold on, Frodo."

Frodo moaned in pain and opened his eyes for a second, one word escaping his lips.

"Gandalf!"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Off to Rivendell! Yay! I'm so glad I'm done with all the Weathertop stuff. It was getting tedious.

Follow and get a dedication!!! Comment something awesome and you might get one! Like and you probably won't, but I'll still love you!

How can I make my story better? Anything you want to see happen? Tell Me!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Facebook: Walling247

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247)

Tumblr: (Coming Soon!)

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247