Chapter 2 ~ Exploration and Regrets

This chapter is dedicated to @Lunadragon26 for fanning!

Comment, Vote, and Fan!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 2 ~ Exploration and Regrets

What am I supposed to do now?

Do I wait here and hope that someone will come wandering through the forest and find me?

Or do I explore for myself?

I skipped down the hill, revelling in the cool breeze. When I reached the base of my grassy knoll, I stopped. The trees loomed above me, looking quite a bit more menacing then they did before.

Well, I wasn't just gonna wait here! I gathered my courage, took a deep. breath, and stepped into the forest.

I glanced around me as I walked under the leafy canopy. The sun shone through the leaves and left a greenish glow throughout the already eerie wood.

I saw two small squirrels fighting over an acorn. I laughed as I watched them chase each other through the branches in the treetops.

The ground underneath me was covered in dry leaves, rocks, and twigs. As I stepped through the forest my feet made a pleasant crunching sound that reminded me of hiking through the woods back home with my mom.

My mom! I had completely forgotten! Was she alright? Was she grieving over my death? Or was this all just a strange dream?

I thought back to what I had said to my mother and tears filled my eyes. I didn't really mean it, I was just frustrated.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry! I didn't mean it!" I screamed at no one in particular, "She's not a failure, alright? I'm sorry!"

I sat down on the leaf-covered ground and sobbed into my hands. I just wanted to leave this place. I just wanted to be home.

I cried for the next half hour thinking about my family and all my friends, wondering what was going on.

"Alright, Julianna, pull yourself together! You're flippin' twenty-one for crying out loud. You're an adult! You should be able to deal with this!"

I pulled myself together and stood up, brushing the dirt off my jeans. I wiped my face clear of the tear stains and stepped deeper into the unknown...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So... What did you think? How do you guys feel about Julianna? Does she seem real enough?

Just so you know, I updated my Author's Note today! It might be a good idea to go back and read it because it explains a few important things.

Stay tuned for Chapter 3! Coming your way next Thursday at Noon!

Instagram: Walling247

Facebook: Walling247

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247