Chapter 46 ~ One Does Not Simply

Hey guys! I know, I'm a lazy bum who doesn't deserve to have all of you amazing people reading my story. I've been really busy with musical rehearsals lately, but I'm making myself post this before any of you hunt me down with harpoons or something. :)

Dedication goes to: @Harrybagginswarrior for following!

Comment, Vote, and Fan!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 46 ~ One Does Not Simply

"Aragorn is right." agreed Gandalf, "We cannot use it."

Elrond stood up.

"You have only one choice. The Ring must be destroyed."

"What are we waiting for?" growled Gimli, standing up.

He ran over to the pedestal - the very one Bofur did his song and dance in The Hobbit on - and threw down his ax on the Ring with all his strength. Gimli was blasted back as his ax splintered against the Ring. I saw Frodo wince from the corner of my eye.

"The Ring cannot be destroyed, Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft that we here possess." stated Elrond, slightly amused, "The Ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there can it be unmade. It must be taken deep into Mordor and cast back into the fiery chasm from whence it came."

He glanced around at the Council members.

"One of you must do this."

Boromir rubbed his face.

"One does not simply walk into Mordor..."

It took everything I had not to laugh. All I could think about was the 'one does not simply' meme. I was trying so hard not to laugh, I must have looked like I was constipated or something. Boromir saw my expression and raised an eyebrow in confusion, which just made me want to laugh even more. He shook his head and continued.

"It's Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orces. There is evil there that does not sleep. The Great Eye is ever watchful."

I saw Frodo flinch slightly.

"It is a barren wasteland... riddled with fire, and ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume."

Boromir shook his head.

"Not with 10,000 men could you do this. It is folly."

Legolas stood up.

"Have you heard nothing Lord Elrond has said? The Ring must be destroyed."

"And I suppose you think you are the one to do it!" retorted Gimli.

"And if we fail, what then?" asked Boromir, standing up, "What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?"

Gimli stood up.

"I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf!"

At this wonderful statement everyone stood up and began to argue. I heard Gimli's voice rise above the other Council members.

"Never trust an Elf!"

Gandalf shook his head in frustration.

"Do you not understand?" he bellowed, "While you bicker amongst yourselves, Sauron's power grows. None can escape it! You'll all be destroyed!"

Frodo sat in his chair, emotions flashing across his face. I could tell that he was struggling with the decision he was about to make. Beads of sweat began to form on his forehead. He sighed and stood up determinedly.

"I will take it."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And that's all you get for now! MWAHahahaha...

Anyways, to the right is a photo of SAM... aka Sean Astin!! >>>>>

My birthday is coming soon and a really great present from you guys would be to reach my goal of 25,000 reads for May It Be! Please, pretty please???

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Facebook Author Page: Walling247

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247)

Tumblr: @Walling247

Twitter: @Walling247

Snapchat: @Walling247

Kik: @Walling247

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247