Chapter 20 ~ Second Breakfast

Hey guys! I have some sad news for you all... :'(  Today is my last update for the summer. I'm on vacation for all of July and won't have enough internet access to post anything.

The next update will probably be on August 8!!! Please stay with this story! You don't know what it means to me to know that you are reading and liking my story.

No one guessed any of my favorite bands/artists, so the dedication goes to: @JackieJ12 for fanning!!!

I hope you like this chapter, it's my longest one yet!

Comment, Vote, and Fan!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 20 ~ Second Breakfast

We stepped out of the woods into a large field. I looked up into the sky and saw dark clouds forming above us. Just great, rain is exactly what we need now! We trudged on through the tall, wet grass; Layfeld never letting go of my hand.

After he fell countless times, he was soaked and shivering. I took a couple of bags off of Bill's back and put Layfeld on instead.

"Thank ya..." he sighed, resting his head on the pony's back.

He closed his eyes and I hoisted the bags over my shoulders. I grunted under the weight and kept walking.

My shoes were officially ruined. They were once blue; now they were black. I don't suppose they have a Payless in Middle Earth where I could buy a new pair? Not likely...

Merry and Pippin, ever the gentlemen, came over to me and offered to take the bags. I thanked them and gave them one, which they carried between themselves. I had to keep myself from laughing as they struggled to keep it off of the ground.

After another hour and a half of walking throught the downpour, the bone-chilling rain finally stopped. I shook myslef off and sighed in relief. We had made it through the fields a few minutes ago and were now walking through acres after acres of bushes.

Layfeld, who had been having a nap on top of Bill, woke up to see the Hobbits settling down to make camp. As they started to make a fire and take out some pots and pans, Strider turned around from the lead and noticed what they were doing.

"Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall." he announced, looking confused.

I pulled Layfeld off of the pony and sat down on a nearby rock, setting him on my lap. I was ready to watch the show.

"What about breakfast?" asked Pippin.

"You've already had it."

"We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?'

Strider shook his head, turned, and kept walking. Merry put his hand on Pippin's shoulder.

"Don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip."

Pippin's face melted into shock as Merry walked away.

"What about Elevenses? he asked, concerned, "Luncheon? Afternoon Tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?"

I heard Layfeld giggling at the Hobbit's agitation. Merry turned back to Pippin and grimaced.

"I wouldn't count on it."

Pippin sighed and looked over at me.

"Do YOU know about second breakfast Julie?"

"No, Pip, I've never heard of it!"

I answered with a straight face, but I was laughing hysterically inside.

An apple fell from the sky into Merry's hand. He handed it to Pippin who couldn't figure out where it had come from. Another one came out of nowhere and hit him right on the head.

He looked up, confusion written across his face. He glanced over at Layfeld who was eyeing the apple with hunger in his eyes. He sighed and gave it to the little boy. Layfeld smiled, grabbed my hand, and dragged me along with the other Hobbits who had followed Strider.

I looked back at Pippin, he was looking up again, trying to figure out where the apple had come from.

"Pippin!" Merry called from far ahead.

Pippin sighed and gave up.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I love Pippin so much!!!

@swilson456 won the last dedication, but never asked me a question so... yeah...

@JackieJ12 got this dedication, so ask me anything you want!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

None of you guessed any of my favorite bands/artist, so... that's what we'll do for the next one as well!

You have lots of time to think about it! Guess! Guess!! Guess!!!

See you on August 8th!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Facebook: Waling247

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247)

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247