Chapter 42 ~ Eavesdropping

How's it going my wonderful minions? I'm a little dissapointed that there were no comments on the last chapter... This is kind of a filler chapter, but the next will be very interesting... if I do say so myself!

Remember, things in {brackets} are in Elvish!

Dedication goes to: @Merenwen93 for following!

Comment, Vote, and Fan!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 42 ~ Eavesdropping

I left the room with a lot on my mind. What was I going to do? How would I change Middle Earth?

I walked around for about ten minutes and then realized I had no idea to get back to my room. I sighed and opened the first door I came to. Maybe I could find somebody to bring me back. I stepped into a high-ceilinged room. There was a wide ledge with a rail about halfway up the walls that you could walk on. On the walls up there were various murals. There were tons of different kinds of plants down at the bottom where I was.

I caught a glimpse of movement in the corner of my eye. Sitting on a bench up on the ledge was Strider. His back was to me and it looked like he was reading some sort of book. Another figure stepped out of a doorway up there and began examining a mural on the wall. It was Boromir! Knowing where I was in the story, I sat down on a bench where I could see them, but they couldn't see me.

Boromir ran his hand along the wall and then stopped, turing towards Strider. He had finally noticed the Ranger watching him. He looked slightly confused as he looked Strider over.

"You are no Elf." he commented.

"Men of the South are welcome here." answered Strider.

"Who are you?"

"I am friend to Gandalf the Grey."

Boromir considered this answer for a moment and then nodded.

"Then we are here on common purpose... friend." he said, looking around.

He noticed a statue with pieces of a broken sword displayed on it.

"The shards of Narsil!" he exclaimed, picking up the hilt and feeling it in his hands, "The blade that cut the Ring from Sauron's hand."

He ran his finger along the edge if the blade and, getting to the top, sliced it open.

"It's still sharp." he winced, looking over at Strider.

"But no more than a broken heirloom." he added, hurriedly, putting the hilt back down on the statue.

He started to walk away and the hilt fell on the ground. He turned back slightly, but then he saw me watching and walked back the way he came. Strider walked over to the statue and picked the hilt up. He placed it back gently and looked at it reverently.

"Why do you fear the past?" asked Arwen, walking in, "You are Isildur's heir, not Isildur himself. You are not bound to his fate."

"The same blood flows in my veins." he said, turning to her, "The same weakness."

"Your time will come. You will face the same evil. And you will defeat It." she responded, looking sadly at him, {"The Shadow does not hold sway yet. Not over you. Not over me."}

I then left them alone and walked out of the room. Wandering around a bit more, I turned a corner and walked straight into someone's back...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I wonder who it is... Can any of you guess??? :)

Anyways, there's a picture of Mrs. Olivia Haywood on the side >>> check it out and tell me what you think. The actress' name is Rhoda Griffis. And tell me what you thought of the picture of Layfeld last chapter! I need feedback! Please?

See you guys next time! Exams are coming soon, so I'm not sure when I will get the next chapter up. But I will try to post before they start! See ya, my wonderful, amazing, brilliant, fantastic minions!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Facebook Author Page: Walling247

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247)

Tumblr: @Walling247

Twitter: @Walling247

Snapchat: @Walling247

Kik: @Walling247

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247