Chapter 33 ~ Argalad

HAPPY HALLOWEEN my minions! Any of you go trick or treating?

Dedication goes to: @theChangeisforever for fanning/following!

Comment, Vote, and Fan!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 33 ~ Argalad

Once they had gone, everyone else realized that I was back. Layfeld ran up to me and hugged me tight.

"Oh, Mum! I'm so glad you're back. I was gettin' worried!"

I smiled at him and glanced up, only to see Strider looking at me strangely.

"Where did you get those clothes?" he asked.

"The trolls' cave." I replied, "I found it while I was looking for some Kingsfoil."

"I see you also found some weapons that suit you." he remarked.

"Yes, the bow is just right... and the sword - it's amazing!"

"May I see it?" he asked.

"Of course!" I replied, pulling the sword out of its scabbard, "And I was wondering if you could translate the Elvish inscription for me?"

He took the weapon in his hands and twirled it in the air, studying it. He peered at the writing on the blade.

"Well, you see the words right here?" he asked, pointing to the small horizontal section at the base of the blade.

"Yup!" I nodded.

"It happens to be the name of the sword."

"And that is...?"

"Argalad."

I blinked in surprise at the way the word flowed off his tongue. I repeated the name back to him.

"Arr-gah-lahd?"

He nodded.

"What does it mean?"

"Noble Light."

"And the other inscription?"

His face darkened and he handed Argalad back to me.

"It's best you talk to someone like Elrond about that. And not here." he sighed, looking around nevously.

I nodded silently, sliding my sword back into the scabbard. He must have his reasons, I told myself. I looked at the inquisitive faces of the Hobbits.

"Come on guys! Let's go to Rivendell! The sooner we get started, the sooner we'll see Frodo again."

The Hobbits smiled and started to grab their gear.

"And the sooner we'll see Arwen." I whispered to Strider, winking.

I stepped over to Layfeld, and when I looked back... I could have sworn that Strider was blushing!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys! What did you all dress up as for Halloween? I was Peter Pan's Shadow!

None of you guys commented on the last chapter, and you didn't answer my questions! So, I'll ask them again:

(What did you guys think of what I did with the Troll Cave? Were you guys expecting it, or did it take you by surprise?

And what did you think about the sword? I did soooo much reasearch to make sure I got all of the parts correctly named. I think it worked, do you?)

Anyways, see you guys next week!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Facebook: Walling247

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247)

Tumblr: (Coming Soon!)

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247