Chapter 51 ~ Insults and Apologies

Hey guys, check it out!! It's only been five days since I've updated!! Aren't you all proud of me?

Anyways, enjoy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Dedication goes to: @IWishBooksBecameReal for following!

Comment, Vote, and Follow!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 51 ~ Insults and Apologies

I turned to where Layfeld was before and a shocking sight met my eyes. Boromir was looking on in approval as he watched the little boy throw a small knife at a target. The knife hit dead center and Layfeld squealed in joy. He saw me watching him and smiled.

"Mum! Mum! Did you see that? Did you see me?" he yelled in excitement.

I walked over to the two of them and raised my eyebrow at Boromir.

"Teaching my son to play with knives, hmm?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am." he replied, "The boy must have some means of defending himself if he is to accompany us on our journey."

"Oh, so you've finally accepted the fact that we're coming, have you?" I bugged him, smiling.

"I have no objections whatsoever to the lad coming along." he began, "I'm not so sure about you though."

"Is that so?" I said, frowning at him.

He laughed at my expression.

"No one will take us seriously with you in our company, Jewel." he chuckled.

I scrunched my eyebrows in anger.

"How dare you..."

I stopped. Jewel? Where did that come from?

"Jewel?" I asked, preparing to be insulted once more.

"Yes, that is what I am going to call you from now on. You did not seem to like it when I called you 'my Lady', and Julie just does not seem to work for you."

He smirked. Julie doesn't work for me? Please!

"But why Jewel?"

"Because you remind me of a diamond. You can be rough at times and you have a sharp tongue. Your head is also the hardest I have ever seen."

I gaped at him, speechless. How could he say that to me? He saw my hurt expression and his face softened for a moment.

"But..." he tried to continue.

"No! I don't want to hear it!" I exclaimed, my anger taking hold of me, "What have I ever done to you? You stubborn, annoying, pathetic life-form!"

He looked a little taken aback, not to mention confused, at my words and his face hardened.

"Is that your opinion of me?" he asked, his eyes blazing.

"Of course it is! And everyone else's too! I can't believe I was starting to consider you as a friend!"

A hurt expression flashed across his features.

"Come on, Layfeld!" I said, grabbing his hand.

I stormed away, dragging Layfeld with me.

"Bye Mister Boromir!" he called, "Thank ya for teachin' me!"

"You're welcome lad..." I heard him say from behind me.

What was I doing? Yes, Boromir was an ass sometimes, but he was still a good man! I sighed, regretting some of what I had said, and turned around.

"Boromir... I... I didn't mean it..." I began, "I'm... I'm sorry for some of the things I said."

He gave me a small smile.

"It is forgiven."

"Thank you, Boromir. You didn't deserve that. I hope that... you will consider us friends from now on."

"I would like nothing more." he replied.

"Julie!" I heard from across the courtyard.

It was Aragorn, and he was carrying my sword.

"More training?" I asked, groaning in annoyance.

"Yes, Ma'am."

He handed me my sword.

"Ready?"

"One moment." said Boromir, smiling wickedly at me, "I believe it is my turn to give her a lesson."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

ASDFGHJKL!!!!! I can't wait for the next chapter!!!!!! (insert evil laugh) I'm sooooo excited for you guys to read it!! (insert maniacal laugh) You're all going to love it!!!!! (insert diabolical laugh)

Okay... that's enough laughter...

What did you guys think of this one? I'm not totally content with it...

Pic of Elrond, aka Hugo Weaving on the side >>>

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Facebook Author Page: Walling247

Instagram: Personal (@Walling247) Fandom (@lordoftherings247)

Tumblr: @Walling247

Twitter: @Walling247

Snapchat: @Walling247

Kik: @Walling247

May Middle Earth be with you!

~ Walling247