Chapter 38

Heather's P.O.V

I felt someone prodding my stomach and my legs immediately kicked out. It was tickling me. I heard someone yelp in pain when I felt my foot collide with something. I sat up, my eyes wide and my hair astray.

"What the hell?" I asked, looking around to see Logan kissing his hand.

"You hurt my hand Heather-bear," he whimpered.

I rolled my eyes. "Right. Where are we?"

He looked at me and blinked a few times. "Home Heather dearest. We're home."

Wow. Had I been asleep for that long? Well, it had been a long day for me before and I was tired out by it.

"Oh."

Logan took my hand and helped me up. "We've got an interview to do this weekend in New York on TV. It's a talk show with some woman."

"An interview? Who's fucking idea was it to do an interview practically the day we got home?" I growled, growing irritated with the thought of it.

"Steven. He's the band manager after all," Logan said. 

I nodded. He had a point. It was Steven's job to schedule interviews, photo shoots, tours, stuff like that. I was going to get back at him for this later.

Honestly.

We just got off of tour and we all deserved some well-earned rest. Then Steven goes and schedules an interview? I know, it wasn't today but it might as well have been.

Logan and I walked off of our tour bus and into our house. I saw that the other boys were passed out in the living room and our luggage was all over the place.

"When do we leave for New York?" I asked, grimacing.

Some good and bad times were spent in that state. But all the while, I still loved it.

"Tonight at six thirty. Get your business done, pack again, and get ready to leave," Logan said, yawning. 

I pulled my phone out from my pocket and saw that the time was twelve in the afternoon. It made me wonder how fast Steven was driving.

Sighing, I gathered the suitcases and dragged them all to the laundry room. I was thankful that all of the dirty laundry had been organized into plastic bags. It made it so much easier for me.

I threw a load into the washer and walked out. My clothes came first. I was pretty sure the guys still had a bunch of clothes left. They never bring all of their clothes when we traveled.

I for one did. I liked to change clothes a lot when I was given the chance. I still had a few clean clothes. It was just the undergarments I was worrying about. I wasn't too sure how many bras and pairs of underwear I had in my suitcase.

I looked through my suitcase and saw that I had two of each left. It was a good thing that I was washing my necessities first. Undergarments, camisoles, skinny jeans, shorts, skirts, and socks.

This has been a long year. It wasn't even over and it's been filled to the brim with drama. By the time it's over, it'll be over-flowing. I was frightened to say the least. I was genuinely scared of the things that may happen.

*      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *      *

"Steven, remind me to punch you in your face for making us come here," I gasped, staggering into the hotel.

It was still Friday. Just way later. Tomorrow, we'd have the talk show interview. Believe me. I wasn't excited for it at all. I didn't want to do anything anymore.

Okay.

That wasn't true in the least.

I still wanted to go out and perform, do photo shoots, interviews, stuff like that. Just not now. I wanted to sleep and recover from everything. I just wanted to simply forget about the reality of real life for a while.

"Oh stop your bitching Heather," Steven joked, grinning as he pulled his suitcase.

"You're an ass," I said, glaring at him.

He rolled his eyes and walked up to the front desk, the boys and I following close behind him. He got our room keys.

I was handed a key and looked at the paper card holder it was in.

Room 1623

"I'm getting my own room, right? I mean, I'm the only girl," I said.

Steven shook his head. "Nope. We booked three rooms and there are two queen sized beds in each room. Heather, you're sharing a room with Mason."

I was irritated with the fact that I had to share a room with someone but I'd rather share one with Mason above all the other guys. He was just as perverted as the rest of them but he had an uber sweet side to him. He was really sympathetic and understanding.

"Alright," I sighed. "Mason is better than Logan, Liam, or Dean."

Dean shot me an offended look. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I just stuck my tongue out at him and ignored his comment, walking into the opening elevator. I huffed to myself, blowing my bangs out of my face. They soon feel back into place and I just aimlessly stared at my feet.

"I miss Andy," I thought.

Wait a minute. What was I thinking? I couldn't miss him. I wanted to get over him. Forget about him. But I knew that wasn't going to be easy.

Hell, I didn't even know if it was going to be possible for me. It'd be the hardest feat I would have to try and accomplish. I doubted my capability of accomplishing it.

"Snap out of it Heather. He doesn't want you anymore. You need to get over him. You're not going to get him back. Don't worry yourself about him. Who needs men?" my conscience snapped.

"I do. He was the beat to my heart. The oxygen to my lungs. The blood to my veins. The sound to my voice. The music to my ears. The strum of my guitar and bass. Most of all, he was the match to my soul," I thought.

 I was so pathetic. My conscience was right though. I really did need to get over him. He wasn't going to take me back. I needed to stop trying to think that he will. I wasn't going to delude myself into thinking that. What was the use?

We reached the floor and the elevator doors opened up. Stepping out, I walked with Mason to find our rooms. All of our rooms were next to each other. I took the card out of the holder and slid it into the door.

When the light turned green, I turned the handle and pushed the door open, holding it open for Mason. He walked in and I proceeded to close the door.

The first thing I did was open my suitcase and pick out a pair of pajamas. I chose a simple white tank top and a pair of navy blue shorts with white frills at the bottom. Floral prints were scattered across the fabric. I walked to the bathroom and slipped into the outfit, walking back out to toss my clothes into a bag.

( http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=31638870 )

Mason had changed into a pair of red and black plaid pants, sitting on a bed without a shirt.

"Red and black are his favorite colors," I thought, a painful sting throbbing in my chest. I tried to ignore Mason but I found it difficult.

I crawled under the covers of the other bed and said, "Good night Mason."

Mason simply grunted and I closed my eyes.

When I woke up in the morning, I saw that I had woken up before the alarm. That was just great. Now I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep. Well, getting ready early wouldn't hurt.

But the interview wasn't until late tonight. What did we plan on doing for the whole day? I doubted Mason would know. He probably would be awake for another three hours.

I snuggled back into bed to try and go to sleep, failing to do so. After 30 minutes, I finally began to fall asleep again. Hopefully, I'd stay asleep this time.

The next time I woke up, I saw that it was three in the afternoon. Perfect. But I still wanted to know what were going to do until it came time for us to get ready for the talk show. It was still a while away. We had to be at the studio by nine-thirty.

I slid out of bed and went to jump on Mason. As if he was expecting me, he blocked me off with his arms. I felt to the ground, and looked up at him, puzzled. I saw one of his eyes crack open. Ah. So the beast was awake?

"Jerk," I muttered.

"Bitch," he replied.

I rolled my eyes. "Get up Mason."

"No."

"Do as I say. Or else."

"Or else what?"

"Your family jewels will be gone."

"Okay I'm up!" Mason exclaimed, sitting up, looking at me as if I was insane. I smirked. It worked every time.

"Do you know what we'll be doing until it's time for us to leave and stuff?" I asked.

"We're just going to chill out here at relax," Mason said.

I cocked my head to the side. "That's it?"

He nodded. "Yeah. Pretty boring huh? Well, we should be relaxing anyways. We have a lot of sleeping to be catching up on. Just set the alarm for six o'clock."

"No Mason. You're going to talk to me. I'm not going to sleep again. I don't even think I can," I whined.

Mason sighed. "Whatever."

I perked up. "Yay!"

He rolled his eyes and went to throw a clean shirt on. "So what are you going to do?"

I froze. He didn't need to specify what he was asking in order for me to know. He was talking about him. Somehow, Mason had figured it all out. I didn't have to tell him anything. 

"Do you really have to bring that up?" I whispered.

"Look Heather. I'm just worried about you. You should try and fix things," he responded.

"What's the point if nothing is going to work at all?" I said, tearing up.

"How do you know that nothing will work? I know that Andy still loves you," Mason said.

I shook my head. "You don't know that. I saw the look on his face, the glint in his eyes Mase. He doesn't want me anymore. I'm nothing to him. Absolutely nothing."

"You can't just give up on him Heather. He's your soul mate. The two of you are meant to be together."

My body shuddered. "No Mase. Just, please. Drop the subject. I don't want to talk about it any longer. I am trying my hardest to forget. Please. Just leave me alone about that."

I brought my knees to my chest and rested my chin on the top of them, closing my eyes. A tear slid down my cheek and onto my knee cap. I squeezed my eyes shut, gritting my teeth.

I hated what I've become. I was so weak. What happened to the wall that guarded my heart and mind? I wasn't as strong as I was in the past. My mental and emotional strength have crumbled. I cried so easily nowadays. I'd give anything to be the fierce, strong girl I once was before.

In my heart, I knew that it wasn't possible for me to be who I was. I was stuck this way. There would be no way to fix me. It wasn't possible.

Mason soothingly rubbed my back in an attempt to comfort me. He repeatedly apologized. I just bobbed my head once to notify him that it was alright and it wasn't his fault. Really, it was mine for being so weak.

I sat there thinking of everything that had happened this past year. From all the fun memories to the depressing memories, I thought of them all. I finally raised my hand to look at the time again. It was four-thirty.

Wow. I didn't realize that I had been thinking for son long. Well, I didn't really blame myself. My thoughts were heavy. There was a lot to think about.

I decided to begin to get ready. I grabbed my outfit for tonight and all of my toiletries. I walked to the bathroom and locked the door.

Setting my things on the counter, I started the water and waited for it to heat up. When it was warm enough, I hopped in and drenched myself in the warm water.

Once I was finished with my shower, I dried myself off with the towel and slipped into my outfit.