Chapter 13

Alex's eyes slowly fluttered open as my warm breath hit his neck.

"Holy shit, Heather!" he yelled, falling out of the bed. I giggled and helped him to stand up. "You scared the crap out of me!"

"That was the plan," I chirped. "Hurry and get ready. I want to go to the docks today. Remember?"

I pushed him toward his belongings and rushed for him to get ready. I wanted to leave immediately. My band was already gone. We'd be alone for the day. At least, that is what I hope for.

After a few minutes, Alex was finally ready. I flashed him a warm smile and we departed from his room, hand in hand. Once we were downstairs in the lobby of the hotel, we received a few stares. A few lights flashed from phones and cameras. But I didn't care. Neither did Alex. We were happy together and that was all that mattered.

You know the how the paparazzi find out everything about someone, eventually, right? Well, I forgot that.... And here's what happened.

"Heather Mason. A two timing whore?" a guy said, taking pictures.

"What the hell are you rambling about? Are you seriously asking for a fight?" I hissed.

"Feisty. And you know what I mean. Back when you were like fourteen. You and Andy? You two were a thing," he said, giving me an evil look.

"We were never together. He was my best friend. Stop trying to make up some fucking bull shit about me. You know it's not fucking true. This is just how you assholes get money. Just shut the  fuck up if you know what's good for you," I snarled, my voice menacing.

The guy backed off with a frightened look in his eyes.

I heard Alex chuckle.

"Your face is priceless. You look like you're about to murder the guy," Alex said.

"You never know," I hissed. "I just might."

I walked out of the hotel with Alex, gripping his hand tightly. I was pretty pissed off at the moment. The god damn paparazzi! They cannot leave anyone alone and they always have to make up some bull crap! If I had any real fans, if Alex had any real fans, if Andy had any real fans, they wouldn't believe anything that they read in the media.

We walked down the streets, on our way to the docks. I ignored the stares and the flashes of lights. I didn't want to deal with all of the fame sometimes. I loved being in a band doing the things I loved, but sometimes, it was too much. Though, all the while, I wouldn't give up my lifestyle for anything.

After a few minutes of walking in the sunshine, we reached the docks. I peered at the beautiful ocean and sat down at the edge of it. I didn't want to go to the high-level docks. I wanted to feel the cold water on my toes.

I slipped my flip-flops off and placed them on the boardwalk. Dipping my feet into water, I felt the ice cold water surge across my skin. A look of terror rushed across my face at the touch of the ice-cold water.

Alex chuckled at my strange facial expression. "That water must really be cold, huh?"

"You have no idea." I brought my legs back up onto the dock again and stood up, sliding my feet into my flip-flops.

"I'm going to guess that you've had your day's worth of the water today?" Alex asked, chuckling.

I whacked him on the arm playfully and walked off with him, stumbling from the numb feeling in my feet. As we walked, I spotted Liam running in our direction.