Chapter 31

Dean's P.O.V

The rest of Rebels Of The Century and I returned on to the Vans Warped Tour to just do the meet-and-greets. Heather was the lead vocalist of our band. Sure, Liam could take over for her but it just wouldn't be the same without her.  We waited until July 23rd when the tour would be back in New York. From then on, we would continue on traveling along with all of the bands.

There hasn't be a single day where we weren't constantly thinking about Heather. She was always on our minds. We left all of the fan mail that she had been receiving in her hospital room so that she could read them and open the gifts whenever she woke up so that she wouldn't be too bored.

Hopefully, she wouldn't be too angry at us for leaving her at the hospital. We didn't want to but we had not other option. We had to move on.

"How do you think Heather's doing man?" I asked, directing the question to Logan as we walked around in the crowd of people.

"Probably just fine," he said, not wanting to start worrying again. He was probably right. Her condition had probably improved.

As we walked around, Mason came running to us with tears brimming his eyes and a huge grin plastered to his face.

"I got a phone call," he gasped, "from the hospital that Heather's in. She's showing signs of waking up. They don't know when she'll actually wake up, but she is showing signs of movement."

"That's the best news that I have heard about her in a long time!" Logan exclaimed.

"Where's Liam? Does he know?" I asked.

Mason shook his head. "Not yet. I can't find him."

"We'll help look," I decided.

We all split up and ran around the venue trying to find Liam. After a while of searching, Logan was barging through to crowd, dragging something that seemed to be pretty heavy. It was Liam.

"What the fuck?" Liam exclaimed.

"Heather might wake up," I said. "Mason got a call today that she was showing signs of waking up"

"That's great news!" Liam shouted. "Do they know when?"

I shook my head. "Not yet. They probably won't know. They'll just have to wait and see. But at least we know that she'll be okay."

Liam sighed in relief. "That's great to hear man. I just hope she wakes up soon. I miss her. Hell, our fans miss her too. It's been kind of boring without her to keep us in line."

"Yeah," I said.

There really wasn't anything else we could say. Hopefully she'd wake up today while we were in the same state. I didn't want her to miss out on the fun. It'd be cool if she woke up tomorrow too. We wouldn't be too far away. We'd only be in New Jersey. Maybe with a miracle, she'd wake up. I mean, she's a fighter. She's tough. She'll pull through.

Hopefully later tonight she'd be awake. It was only a thirty to forty-five minute drive back to where she was. Depending on traffic. If it was heavy, it'd be at least an hour.

We spent the day with Black Veil Brides and were just chilling on our bus when Mason's phone began to ring. He held up a finger and our conversations ceased.

"Hello?" Mason said. He was nodding and saying, "okay" the whole time. He hung up and looked at us.

"Our wishing worked you guys," he said.

"What do you mean?" Ashley asked.

"Heather's awake. They knew when they heard her screaming profanities," Mason said.

I laughed. "That's Heather for 'ya."

"Shit. I'm kind of scared to go and get her. She's going to rip our heads off," Liam said, laughing.

"Well, we're leaving now. Come on. After we get her, we're gonna go ahead and leave for New Jersey," I said. Looking at Andy, I said, "You coming?"

"Of course I'm going to go. She's my girlfriend. And we'll drive to New Jersey with you," Andy replied. I nodded as they left our bus and headed for their own.

Shaking my head, I said, "I don't know who'll be more pissed off. Her at us for leaving her there or us at her for cutting herself and getting herself into that position in the first place."

Logan shrugged. "I just know that we're going to be dead by the end of the day."

I chuckled to myself and told Steven to start driving.