Chapter 30

Andy's P.O.V

The next day, the rest of Black Veil Brides and I returned to the Vans Warped Tour. They were pretty far away but we managed to catch up. I wanted more than anything to have been able to stay with Heather but we needed to keep the show going. I couldn't disappoint my fans.

It was July 20 and we were at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls in Ohio. The rest of the guys and I were back stage preparing for our show tonight. It'd be the first time performing since the incident.

My head shot up when I heard, "And after being off this tour for a while, give it up for Black Veil Brides!"

I looked back at everyone said, "You ready?"

They all nodded.

We ran onto stage    in CC's case, he rolled his drum set onto stage    and waved to the crowd. I grabbed the microphone and said, "Just a few words before we can get this fucking show going. Rebels Of The Century, they're not with us. I don't know when they'll return to this tour. But Heather Mason, their vocalist, also the love of my life, she self-harmed that day in the New York concert on July 12. We don't know why. Right now, she's still in a coma and we're all worried about her. She's received some letters and cards from those who knew about it. Anyhow, I'd just like to make a wish. I want her to wake up, alive with spirit once more. Now that I' done with that, let's get on with the show!"

We sang a variety of our songs. I introduced "Hello My Hate" and "Devil For Me." They weren't new songs or anything. They just weren't all that popular and weren't on "We Stitch These Wounds."

That day ended on a pretty good note. Fans ran up to us telling us to wish Rebels Of The Century the best of luck. We simply smiled and thanked them for their time.

It was great to know that some of these people were real fans for both bands and they actually gave a shit whenever one of us were injured or in a bad situation.

Later into the day, as the concert was finishing up, we all climbed onto the bus.

"What if she's awake?" CC asked. I knew that he was talking about Heather.

"Mason or somebody probably would have called us. When they do, I'd fly my ass back to New York," I replied.

"You know, you're a lucky guy," Ashley said. "You're dating a beautiful, sweet, intelligent, and strong girl. She's a lucky girl too. She's dating you. You're one of the best guys that I know man."

These guys were so supportive of me. I loved them all to death. They were like brothers to me. As far as I was concerned, they were my brothers.

"Thanks Ashley. I am lucky, aren't I? But I wouldn't say that I'm one of the best guys. You probably know better people. Like, Jake, Jinxx, and CC." That brought a smile to their faces but they frowned again. "I've screwed up a lot. I mean, you all know what I put Heather through before. You all heard the stories."

"Andy, you know better than a lot of people that we're all human and humans make mistakes. Accept that Heather has forgiven you for everything. She loves you. Remember that," Jinxx said.

I sighed. "She might have forgiven me but I can't forgive myself."

Thinking about it, I questioned myself.

Would I ever forgive myself?

Maybe. But it wasn't likely.

Did Heather really forgive me?

Who knows? I'll have to ask her.

Would she say yes to me proposing one day?

I sure hoped so.

Was she doing okay?

If she wasn't, I wouldn't be alive.

There were so many things to think about and they were all speeding through my mind. Sometimes, having attention deficit disorder wasn't all that fun. It makes it hard to not worry. Especially during times like this.