Chapter 25

New Mexico was amazing. Hell, all the shows we have done so far were amazing. Now it was July 12. We were in Darien Center, New York at the Drrien Lake Performing Arts Center. New York was one of my favorite states. It was great to be here again.

The concert would be amazing. It's been a terrific experience having a chance to tour with a bunch of my favorite bands.

I was calmly walking aimlessly through the crowd until it was my bands time to be on stage. And that wouldn't be for a while. The lineup went by alphabetical order of the names of the bands. Fans stopped me to take quick pictures, get autographs, and just to chat.

One fan wanted to video tape their own interview to post to YouTube.

"So Heather, I'm Tiffany Lawson. I'm such a huge fan of Rebels Of The Century," she said.

"Hah, thanks. Nice meeting you Tiffany," I replied. I glanced at the stage from time to time to see which band was up. Asking Alexandria. Wonderful. I'd have to chat with Danny sometime today. I've been meaning to but never had the time.

"So, if you weren't a rock star and you had to settle down with another job, what would you be?" she asked. Her friend was holding her video camera.

I shook my head. "Honestly? I have no idea. I mean, being a rock star is all I have ever dreamed about. I didn't go to college or anything. I'm self-educated and stuff. Some of the most intelligent people are self-educated. But really? I don't have a 'plan b' to go to. This is the only thing I want to be doing."

Tiffany was nodding her head. "That's a great answer. Next question. I know you're a cover band and all but do you think you'll ever produce your own songs?"

I thought about the question for a while. "I don't know. I like the idea of fight the music industry's system by completely being a cover band and nothing more but it would be nice to have our own songs. The main reason why I created a cover band was for the fact that I can't write songs. I can write stunning poems but not songs. It's all the same concept but I just can't seem to do it. The boys and I have tried collaborating together to write a song but nothing really comes to mind. It would be easier with other people I guess, but I'm not so sure. But one day, I hope to have produced at least one original song."

"I'd love to hear it," Tiffany said with a smile. "So what's it like touring with a bunch of boys?"

I smiled. "Sometimes it gets a bit out of hand. They're all either twenty or nineteen but they act like they're five and twelve. It gets really hectic and a lot of the time, I have to look after them. It's always worth it though. They're always there for me and we always have a lot of fun together."

"See as how crazy they can get at concerts and in interviews, I can really take your word for that," she said, chuckling. "So what do you hope for in the future of your band?"

"Well, someday write our own songs maybe. And I kind of want my band to take over the world too. Our message, our fans, everything. We'll rule alongside Black Veil Brides," I replied.

"I hope you both achieve world domination. Speaking of Black Veil Brides, how is your bands relationship with theirs? Or just yours with theirs?" she asked.

"They're like extended family to my band. We love them to death. We've become really good friends. All of the boys and I have grown really close. As you should know, Andy and I haven't spoken for like five years. Now we're finally together," I said.

"How do you feel about the fact that you're dating?" she questioned.

"It's a great feeling really. I can't even put it into words. I just wish we could have gotten together sooner. Like, before he met Scout. She was a bad addition to his life. And now he considers her a good friend after all that she's done? I respect that but she and I will never be friends after how she hurt him. He might have forgiven her but I never will. I will protect Andy's heart with my life," I said, a determined look passing over my face.

Tiffany smiled in adoration. "I love how you guys are together. Do you have any idea how long us fans wanted you to get together? Well, the dedicated and real fans."

I giggled. "I have no idea actually."

"Well, we didn't really need to figure out that you two were a thing. You weren't technically. But it was easy to tell that you loved each other. Even during all of the drama before. We've been there for you all those years. Even the more recent fans have dug through the history in order to know everything about the two bands. So, it's been since you guys started out," Tiffany said.

"You've been with us for that long? Wow. I'm really honored to have such dedicated fans in my life. I really love you guys," I said softly. "And to those 'fans' who only like Black Veil Brides for their looks and hate me just because they want Andy for his looks, go fuck yourself. You want to know why? If you were a real fan of Black Veil Brides, you wouldn't care about their looks. You'd only care about their music and the messages they send out. If you really were a fan of mine, you wouldn't hate my just because I'm dating Andy. You'd be happy for me."

People who were listening around me began clapping. I grinned, happy that I could make some sense to people.

"That's what I like to hear. I promise you that I am a true fan Heather," she said.

I laughed. "I can believe you with that. Well, it's been really nice talking to you!"

"Thanks for giving me some of your time in order to film this interview. I really appreciate it," she replied.

"It's my pleasure. It's always really fun to do these interviews. Well, Black Veil Brides will be up in a few minutes. I've gotta go see my dear Andy and my best friends," I said. I waved to the camera and said, "Bye guys!"

I began to worm my way through the crowd and made it in front of the stage. They started out with an amazing guitar solo from Jake. I smiled as I began to recognize the song that they were currently playing. It was 'Rebel Love Song'.

"My Outcasts, Bridesmaids and Ushers," Andy breathe as the band continued to play, "I dedicated this song to my one and only true love, my lovely angel, my mother fucking rebel, Heather Mason!"

Andy smiled at me an I grinned back. The people in the crowd cheered and Andy began to sing.