Chapter 19

At the venue, Steven helped the stage managers set up the equipment. Today, I wasn't exactly sure when we would be up on stage. I just knew that our band would be one of the first bands to perform. Maybe the second I believe.

This would be our last concert of this tour, "Get Psyched!" Then it would be off to the Vans Warped Tour. We'd part ways with Escape The Fate and All Time Low.

Honestly, I would really miss all of them. We've all been through a lot together. This tour was coming to and end. It hasn't been a year on tour yet but the Vans Warped Tour would make it a full year.

"Let's do this," I breathed to myself, sitting in front of a mirror in a dressing room on stage.

After applying my primer, I thickly applied my eyeliner and winged them, making it look really pretty. I applied my mascara, thickening and lengthening my eyelashes. Afterward, I slightly teased my hair, giving it just a bit of volume. 

My outfit consisted of faded gray skinny jeans and my Rebels Of The Century band t-shirt. I wore the 'Rebels' bracelet that I had received as a gift from a fan not too long ago. I wore my black knee-high converses. In my ears were fake black gauges.

Looking into the mirror, I examined myself over. Patting down a few spots in my hair, I decided that I looked perfect. I would make the last concert of this tour the most amazing concert that we've been at so far.

"You ready Heather?" Logan asked, poking his head into the room. "We're up in about thirty minutes after the first band    Invisius."

I nodded wide grin plastered to my face. "Oh yeah. I am more than ready."

Smiling at me, he patted me on the shoulder. We stood around for the rest of the time before we were told it was time for us to get on stage. Grinning in excitement, I hurried onto the stage and looked around, squinting until my eyes adjusted to the lighting.

The lights were bright enough to blind someone. The cheering of the crowd in front of me was loud enough to cause a person to go insane then deaf.

"Hey everybody! This is the last concert of this tour and I promise," I breathed, "to make  it the best concert yet!"

With my promise, it sent all of my fans cheering even louder than before. Their support towards me and the rest of my band was incredible. It was nearly enough to make me tear up. 

"The first song that we're going to play for you guys tonight is 'Rolling In The Deep' by Adele. This is always incredibly fun to sing," I said.

The guys started playing their instruments. Looking down at my toes, I began tapping my toes to the beat.

"There's a fire starting in my heart reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out the dark. Finally I can see you crystal clear. Go ahead and sell me out and a I'll lay your ship bare. See how I'll leave with every piece of you. Don't underestimate the things that I will do..."

I continued to sing along to the song, smiling as I did so, my fans joining in with me.

That night, I sang "Something," and "The Flood" by Escape The Fate, "Closer To The Edge" by 30 Seconds To Mars, "My Obsession" by Breathe Carolina and I was about to conclude our performance with one last song.

A single bead of sweat trickled slowly down my nose. I had been singing my heart out tonight, running all over the stage as well.

"Thank you all for always being there for me, Liam, Dean, Mason, and Logan. We appreciate everything that you do for us. So tonight, before it's our time to get the fuck off of this stage, I've got one last song to sing," I said, breathing hard. I could my my heart racing and pumping with adrenaline and excitement.