Chapter 28

Andy's P.O.V

I was pacing in the waiting room, still worrying about Heather. It had been three hours. Three long and dreadful hours. I couldn't stop crying or worrying over her. Neither could anyone else. My dulled and blood-shot eyes brightened when I heard a nurse call my name.

"Yes?" I said, hope filling my voice.

"Heather will be just fine. She's just...she's slipped into a comatose state," she said, as she looked all of us over.

She was a fairly young woman. Maybe twenty or so. But I had eyes for only one woman. Heather Mason. This nurse was eyeing me the most. I was beginning to feel extremely uncomfortable.

My heart sunk with her words. Some people didn't come out of comas. I shook my head. I needed to think positively.

"You're all free to go and visit her if you'd like. I'm not sure how many visitors Doctor Hansen will allow in the room at once. I'm Melinda by the way," she said.

"Alright. What room is she in?" I asked, ignoring her introduction.

"She's in room 437. Fourth floor," Melinda say. As soon as she told us the room number, we all took off running.

When we were in the elevator, I frantically pushed the button for the fourth floor. I couldn't stand still. I had ADD and all but this was ridiculous.

Okay.

Maybe not.

I just wanted to see Heather. She's all that I could think about. As soon as the elevator doors opened, I pushed through the two bands and fled down the hallways. I skidded to a halt as I found the room. I didn't bother to knock as I barged inside.

"Doctor Hansen?" I called.

"You are?" said a man who seemed to be in his mid-forties. I assumed that he was Doctor Hansen.

"Andrew Biersack sir. I'm Heather's boyfriend," I replied. My band and the guys from Rebels Of The Century were soon behind me.

"They are?" Doctor Hansen asked.

"My band Black Veil Brides and Heather's band Rebels Of The Century," I said quickly.

He nodded. "Alright. One visitor at a time please. Ten minutes for each visitor."

"Yes sir," I said.

I wanted to be the first one to see her but then I wouldn't get enough time. If I was last, I'd be able to ask for more time maybe. Especially since I was her boyfriend.

The guys from her band all went first. It seemed like a lifetime waiting but I had to be patient. I looked at my band as it was our time to see Heather.

"Who's first?" I quietly rasped.

Jinxx timidly raised his hand. "I guess I'll go first."

He sniffled as he walked inside of the room.

Jinxx's P.O.V

When I saw Heather lying on the hospital bed, I thought that she was dead until I saw the slow rising of her chest. I sat in the seat next to the bed and took her hand, exhaling deeply.

"Heather," I began, "why would you do this to us? We thought you were going to die. You have to wake up. Please. For us. We all love you so much."

A tear escape from the corner of my left eye.

"I don't know what Sammi would say if she was here with us Heather. You were one of her good friends though you didn't see each other much. I just know that she would be crying her eyes out. Hell, we've all been crying our eyes out. Man, it doesn't take much to get a person to love you. You're...you're just that kind of person. Everyone automatically wants to be your friend. Don't leave us Heather. We'd all be lost. You have a lot of explaining to do when you wake up." I sighed, released her hand, kissed her cold forehead, and walked out of the room. I looked at everyone with a sad expression and gestured for someone else to go inside.

"Jake?" I said.

He shook his head. "I'm not sure if I'm ready."

I nodded. "Ashley?"

He sighed. "I'll go."

Ashley's P.O.V

I took a deep breath as I slowly opened the door to Heather's room. I nearly gasped as I saw her. She was so still. There was almost no movement besides her breathing. It was the only thing about her that let me know that she was alive. She was like a younger sister to me. I don't know what I'd do if I lost her.

If we lost her.

I stood over her and stared at her paled face. I stroked her face a few times and rested my head on her chest to hear her heartbeat. It was there. Just steady and faint.

"Heather, I'd give anything to hear you make some kind of perverted or witty joke. I'd give anything to hear your laugh right now. We all need something to amuse us. Your jokes are the best. Please wake up," I muttered.

I brought my head up and kissed her on the nose and just held her hand until it was my time to leave.

"By Heather. I'll be back to visit another time," I murmured.

I left the room and tried shoving Jake in seeing as CC and Andy weren't going to move at all. Jake just sighed and walked in. He was usually loud so this was strange. Well, we were all behaving abnormally. You can't really blame us. We might lose one of our best friends. Girlfriend in Andy's case.

Jake's P.O.V

I wasn't ready to go and see Heather but CC and Andy weren't going to go. I wanted to see Heather, yeah, but...I don't know. I can't explain myself.

Ashley shoved me inside of the room and I thought I was going to start bawling. I ran toward her and engulfed her in a big hug.

Yeah, I'm a hugger.

Got a problem with that?

That's what I thought.

I didn't want to ever let go of her but I knew that I would have to.

"Come on Heather. Wake up. You've got to wake up," I pleaded.

A few more tears slid down my face and onto her body. I wanted someone to argue with over something pointless. Heather was that person to me. I needed her to wake up and make everything better.

"Heather!" I whispered, getting desperate. I didn't know what else to say. "We love you. I love you."

CC had to come and pull me off of her because I wouldn't let go. He sighed.

CC's P.O.V

"Hey Heather," I said as I sat down in the seat next to her. "You scared us all shitless you know. Well, it hasn't been long but I already miss your teasing, your laughter, everything about you. What can I say? I love you. I know you'll only consider me as a friend and plus you have Andy. But I'll always love you Heather. Hah, we'll be best friends until the end. Just wake up for us. We need you."

I reached for her hand and clasped it between both of mine, squeezing tightly. Still holding it with one hand, I kissed it lightly. I got up and stroked her hair. I wanted to stay with her forever. We all did. But right now, Andy needed to see her more than any of us. He was probably taking this the hardest.

I walked out of the room and patted Andy on the back and said, "It's your go man."

Andy closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He looked at the doctor and said, "Would it be alright if I had extended time with her? She is my girlfriend after all."

Doctor Hansen nodded. "That would be fine. But you'll have to come out if we need to check up on her."

Andy nodded. "That's fine with me."

With that, he disappeared into Heather's room. I sighed and went to sit down in the seats with everyone else a hall way down.

Andy's P.O.V

As I walked into the room, I took in all of Heather's features. She almost looked dead. She was naturally pale but she appeared ghostly now. It was almost terrifying.

"Heather fucking Mason," I said, gritting my teeth as I tried to hold back the tears. "Why in the world would you cut yourself? That deep? Why didn't you talk to someone instead? Heather Arabelle Mason, I love you. I can't lose you. Not yet, not now, not ever. You are my world and there isn't anything that's ever going to possibly change that. Nothing and no one is going to change that fact."

I paused for a moment and blinked a few times, allowing the tears to cascade down my face. They ran over my lips and I gently brushed them away.

"I swear, you're the only one I'll ever think about marrying. You're the only one I will ever love. You're the only one I'll ever kiss. You're always on my mind. I swear on my life. If you ever leave us, I'll come and join you right away. I swear on every essence, every fiber, of my very existence. I am in love with you from head to toe. Don't leave me. Wake up Heather. For me. For all of us. For your fans."

I sighed and stood over her while holding her hands. My tears fell upon her body as I hung my head down. I was surprised I still had any tears left to spare. I had been crying so much.

So I stood there for who knows how long just crying. I finally heard a knock on the door a while later and footsteps walking into the room. Someone placed a hand on my shoulder and I turned around. I looked down at the person. It was Doctor Hansen.

"Mr. Biersack, you've been here for an hour. We've got to give her some treatment. You may return in a few days time if necessary," he said.

I nodded sorrowfully and dragged myself out of the room. I turned my head one last time to get a good glimpse of Heather. I just hoped this wouldn't be my last memory of her.