Chapter 14

Heather's P.O.V

I sat on a bed in my hotel room, looking at the shiny glint of the small razor blade that I always carried. For emergencies and what not. I hadn't bothered to actually take the time to go and find Jake in order to talk to him.

For one thing, I was far too lazy to do so. For another thing, I really didn't think it would be necessary, so I decided against the action.

To cut rope, all kinds of materials. Occasionally, skin. In fights or, for self-harming. I was deep into my examination of the blade that I never noticed someone walk into my band's room.

"Heather, give me the razor."

I turned around to find CC staring at me with concern filling his eyes, his eyes serious at the same time. I gave him a defiant look and said, "CC, no. I might give it to you after I get at least one good cut. Besides, why do you care? I've only just met you on this tour."

"I know. But you're already like a younger sister to me," CC reasoned. "Please. Just hand over the razor." He came to sit down next to me on the bed and put a gentle hand on my back. "Hand it over. Heather."

My hands shook and I just closed my eyes as they began to tear up. "No, Christian. No."

"Why would you want to harm yourself? What happened to make you want to do this?" he asked, cupping my face to make me look at him.

I couldn't lie to him like this. Not when he was staring directly into my eyes. I wanted to turn away from him, but it was going to be impossible.

"A lot, CC, a lot," I whispered in a soft undertone.

"Tell me. Talking helps. And I'll always be here for you, Heather," CC said, offering me a weak smile. "I'll be glad to listen to what you have to say. I have the time on my hands, and I may have the words to help."

Sighing, I knew that I wouldn't get out of this position until I spoke to him. Besides, I kind of trusted CC. There was just something about him that made me want to talk to him. He had a comforting, sweet, and kind aura to him.

"I'm sure Andy's told you about how he formed the band in 2006. Well, the very day he went off to form the band, it was supposed to be a practice day for our little 'play band' Biersack. I kind of figured out that I loved him then. I was heart broken. I was just...torn apart." I took a quick break from speaking, shortly, to just bring myself together.

I finally sighed and began to speak again.

"So, a few weeks later, I got together with a few close guy friends and created my band. I've been through a lot of drama. School had been hard for me. People made fun of me for the music I listened to, the way I dressed, my makeup, whatever. It was just really tough..." I paused again, continuing a few seconds later.

"My parents weren't too fond of the idea of me being so defiant and kind of shunned me, though they didn't really hate me. Today, Alex and Andy, well, they were in a...conflict. It hurt me to see them like that. I broke it off with Alex. It kills me to know that Andy will never love me the way that I loved him before. I tried forgetting about him. I tried the best that I could. But it only made the pain worse."

By now, tears were streaming from my eyes and onto CC's hands. With his thumbs, he wiped the black tears away. My makeup was running. That was the least of my problems at the moment.

CC just pulled me in for a hug and began to murmur comforting things into my ear. I hugged him back and cried into his shoulder. He didn't mind that his shoulder's sleeve was getting wet.

He didn't mind that my makeup was getting on it. He was just that kind of person. He rubbed my back soothingly and told me that everything was going to alright.

"Heather, whether you believe me or not, Andy loved you too. He still does. When I joined the band, the guys told me to beware of how he wouldn't shut up about a girl named Heather. He never did. Now, I've met you and I see why he won't shut up about you. You are amazing. People might have said some shit about you before, but look at you now. You're living your dream while they are all losers," CC said, smiling.

I couldn't help but smile. He was just so nice and made me want to smile. I handed him the razor blade and he smiled warmly at me.

"Thank you, CC," I said, kissing his cheek.

I hugged him again and we just sat there speaking to each other in peace. Later on, just a few minutes later, he brought me down to his room to hang out with the rest of the Black Veil Brides; excluding Andy, who was still at the park.

When the guys saw my face, their eyes widened in shock. Ashley rushed over to me and immediately asked what was wrong.

I settled down on a couch in the room and explained my story to them. They all gave me warm hugs and I thanked them for listening to my sob story.

"Hey, we don't mind," Jinxx said. I poked his nose because it was just so poke-able. It was asking to be poked. He smiled and poked my nose as well.

We continued poking each others noses and burst out into laughter.

"Whenever I feel like shit, remind me to come and hang out with you guys. You are all just fantastically hilarious," I said, giggling. They just nodded.

Sometimes, it was great to know guys like these. They were nothing but kind and helpful.