Chapter 44: Xavier's Thoughts (Xavier's POV)

She isn't pure? Marry him? King? Queen? What the fuck... How? When? Wait, I don't want to know...  Did she still love him? Fully? She said a part of her always will? Was he the one to hold her when her anxiety was high? Does she miss him? Does she think of him? Does...she...still love....him?

Here she is, this perfect girl with this horrible past and broken heart, sitting next to me. She's this perfect girl to me, and the fact that I wasn't the FIRST and ONLY person she planned to love forever hurts. 

Fine, she's not pure and that's fine. I'm not either. I hoped she would be, but I don't care if she is. That's not what bothers me. What bothers me is the fact that SHE HAS SEEN HER FUTURE with someone else. I've never planned to marry someone else, never seen a future. 

But then again- I knew about mates.

But she believed he was hers. And that- that fucking hurts. What if she- misses him? What if the future they planned means more to her than ours. She loved him, she told him that. She's never once looked at me like the stars in the sky. She never once told me how she felt. It's been a month, and I get that. But, God it feels like forever, yet not long enough. 

What if she doesn't love me?... 

What if I'm not the one she wants to marry?.. 

What if... she doesn't want to spend the rest of her forever...with me?