Chapter 6: Deal or No Deal

Voices.
I hear voices but I can't make out what they are saying.
My head is pounding.
I open my eyes, and I look into the most gorgeous set of grey eyes I have ever seen.
Déjà Vu.
"Alpha, she needs space to breathe." Whispered Patrick lowly.
"Mutt, shut the hell up." Xavier growled.
"Hey, can you hear me?" Asked Luke, "Do you need anything?"

"Advil" I choke out, my throat is so very dry causing me to cough.

"I got it." Jacob said, he handed me two Advil PMs and a bottle of water.

Jacob is built, however Xavier looks stronger.
"No!" Patrick yells as he snatches the pills away from me.
"What the actual fuck Pat?!" Shouted Luke.
"She hasn't eaten anything, if she takes this she will be sick dumbass!" Patrick shouted back.

"Look-" Xavier started, "wait, what's your name?!"

"You don't know her name?!" Jacob laughed.

Xavier shot him a glare and looked back at me awaiting my answer.

"Ace. My name is Ace." I say.

The ends of Xavier's lips tug up, "Ace" he tried the word out.

The way my name rolls of his tongue sends me in a frenzy, my heart speeds up.

Bad Ace!! This man kidnapped you! You can't react like that!

I mentally smack myself.

"Look Ace, we will not hurt you." Xavier runs a hand through his black hair; "we aren't going to sell you, or kill you, or rape you. But if you don't eat I will force it down your throat. If you keep trying to run away I will keep you tied up." He looks me in the eye- "let's make a deal."
"Deal?" I question, involuntary biting my bottom lip nervously.
"If you stop trying to run away, and you eat, I'll-" his voice fades as he stares at my lips.
"Xavier?" I question his head snaps up and his eyes meet mine, they seem a hint darker.
"I'll charge your iPod. We are a 34 hours behind we lost 23 hours, it's 2:00 am right now, you'll want your music."

If it's 2:00 am I've been missing for 33 hours.

"Fine" I say. It's not like I have a choice, they are taking back roads not even being used by people.

A grin stretches across his face- he has dimples. Oh my god his dimples!

Ace!!
I mentally smack myself once again.

"Good, we leave in an hour we have a none stop 34 hour trip on the road ahead of us. So pizza or do you want something on the road."

I drink the water bottle that was handed to me earlier.

"Guys leave." Xavier said. They do as they are told.

"Ace look at me." I look Xavier in his eyes.
"Ace, I'm not lying. I don't lie. We have 34 hours to go. When we reach our destination, I'm not going to kill you, or harm you. Please understand that. I plan on doing nothing but protect you, but you need to understand. I'm not the bad guy"
"Says the guy who fucking kidnapped me!" I spit out.
Xavier groans.
"Look I get it, but I had no other choice!" He shouts slamming his fist into the wall next to me, the sudden action caused me to jump.
"I'm not going to hurt you. However, I couldn't let you just walk away I might've never saw you again... I panicked" He mumbles I don't think I was meant to hear that.

His eyes snap to mine.
"What were you running from?" He questions. "You had clothes in your bag, and money, you had two grand in an envelope. People don't carry that kind of money around with them on a day to day basis. You had photos... And a toy dog and a plush Stitch toy. You had a one way train ticket to Pennsylvania..." His voice trails off, his face shows he is deep in thought. "You were running away from something. Correction- you are running away from something."
It wasn't a question, his voice gave that away. He knew the answer to why I was leaving. His voice was definite, certain, and confused. "What are you running away from?" He questioned, his grey eyes stared into mine, I looked away.

He sighed, knowing I wasn't going to answer his question. He went to the door and let the -now soaked- guys in.

"Pack up, we are leaving in ten minutes." Was all Xavier said before he walked out into the rain.

"Ace..." My eyes snap to Luke, "please keep an open mind about the situation, I know it seems bad but you have to try and understand it, please believe Xavier, he isn't going to hurt you, and neither are we..." That's all Luke said before he went after Xavier.

Patrick looked at me- "Hey, I won't touch you, I'm gay" Patrick chuckles as he puts his hands in the air-as if he was surrendering. "My soul-mate is waiting for me at home." He smiles, I don't think I've ever seen him smile. "His name is Jules, God you remind me so much of him." He chuckled. Patrick's phone rang- he answered it and walked into the bathroom.

Jacob then took his chance to speak up- "My soul-mate and I are getting married next month. She's wonderful." He smiled as he thought about her.
"We aren't bad people Ace, you'll understand in 34 hours, until then, please don't do anything, don't fight it. Please. How about we make a deal?" Jacob's face then became serious.
"By the time of my wedding, if you don't want to be with us anymore, and you still want to go to Pennsylvania. I'll help you escape. I give you my word. But in return, you can't try to escape for the next month."

"Deal" I whispered.